Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mango7777 Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jun 9, 2007, 02:14 AM
    What should my calorie intake be-in order to lose weight for my height?
    I am 5'2" and I recal a certain formula for calculating calorie intake FOR weight loss.
    I know it starts with : what is your goal weight (x) energy output = calories needed (to achieve goal.

Does anyone know this formula? I really would love to know because I don't know how much I should be eating. I journal the food in the past , I exercise, but I know I am missing something because nothing is changing and I am frustrated. Thanks :)
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Your body weight X 12- 13, for calculating weght loss, so if your 120 lbs, X 12 = 1440 calories, and don't ever go below 1,00 calories per day for weight loss. Just remember, natural foods, not processed, and exact serving sizes, read the nutritional labels and see what 1 serving is for that product, and stick by it. Drinking lots of water? How about changing exercise routines, the order or try new ones, making sure you have a day of rest between a couple of days worth of exercises. If you have been losing some weight and now have just reached a plateau, it's simply because you did not adjust the calorie intake in regard to your new reduction in body weight. As your body loses weight it needs less calories, as your lose, reduce calories, slightly, Your body adjust to all new calorie intakes! Don't get discouraged, just try some of my suggestions.
    mango7777 Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jun 9, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Thank you. I needed the number formula to get real. Even though I eat relatively well, I can certainly add up the calories. Keeping track is a great solution
    boredINmind Posts: 87, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2008, 03:29 AM
    The best thing to do is to start a healthy diet and exercise program with reasonable results. Healthy goal is about 2 lbs a week, anything more would be starvation which can led to worse problems. The easiest way to cut calories is to find alternatives to the unhealthy things that you drink and eat. Cut out the junk food completely, just a few snacks every once in a while. Cut out all soft drinks and DIET DRINKS, these are just as bad a regular non-diet sodas. Drink lots of water to flush out the body and keep well hydrated, this will result in gorgeous skin as well, distraction from a few extra lbs ;)

ALSO, WEIGHT IS NOT AN ACCURATE MEASUREMENT, YOU SHOULD LOOK AT YOUR SIZE AS A MEANS OF CALCULATION. MUSCLES IS GOOD AND WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT!!

Changing up your diet and exercising programs also helps you kick the plateauing, especially if your building muscle. If you don't adjust your exercising so that you are pushing your new muscles then you won't be able to build MORE muscle, you will simply keep what you have already gained.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

I weigh 56 kilos, and I'm 5 feet 4 inches. I know I'm not fat, but I have quite a big tummy. I mean again its not fat, but my ideal weight would be 50 kilos. I don't exercise really, which I know I should. My question is what are the right foods to eat to lose weight on my tummy?

Calorie intake [ 6 Answers ]

What is the safest but the least amount of calories you should have daily. I have been cutting down my calorie intake to about 500 to 700 calorie for the last couple days. Im not sure if I should be eatting more but 1000 calories seems like a lot -- and I'm trying to lose weight. Anyhelp would be...

Need to lose weight [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 18 years old and I have been trying to loose weight for a very long time!! I am very active as in walking and always running around with the kids I work with! But I never seem to loose weight! Almost a year ago I gained a lot of weight after my house my burnt down and never seemed too loose...

Lose weight [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there expert buddy I have problem with my weight, I am 182 lbs.. I have a difficult time waking up in the morning. I used to dance belly dancing, but I stop it.. My friends told me to try to go to GYM, I insist that when I go to GYM, there are tendency that I cannot maintain my routine...

Can't lose weight [ 7 Answers ]

I can't say that I have been actively trying to lose weight so I guess I can't complain that the pounds are sticking around. How do you get yourself motivated to exercise and how the heck does anyone have time to eat healthy. It seems to me that a healthy diet is far more work! I have a 3 year old,...

View more questions Search