Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smcthatgirl2 Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Jun 9, 2007, 12:00 AM
    I feel empty.
    OK lately I have been feeling kind of depressed but it isn't as bad as it used to be. I have never had a boyfriend before and it never used to bother me that much but now it is really starting to stress me out. I keep feeling really lonely all the time and I am always asking my mum for hugs which is lots of times a day! I don't know what is wrong with me I just feel like I nwant somebody to love me, because I see everyone around me and they all have somebody who loves them ( a boyfriend). I know that I am only young (15) and everyone keeps saying oh don't worry it will happen soon enough. But I am tired of being alone , I just need someone .I always feel a sort of tugging in my heart, as stupid as it sounds and I just want it to go away.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2007, 01:58 AM
    Honestly,

The more you think about what other people have, or what you think they have. The more you dwell on it. The worse your going to feel. You need to realise that if you really wanted to, you could be happy and enjoy life while your young. If you do not let go, if you just do not enjoy your life right now. Your going to have a long unhappy life.

Do things now, enjoy life now. From my life experience being series all the time sitting back and hoping for things that you think somebody else has will just always make you miserable. Do something with your life. Do not let anybody or anything drag you down.

What I am trying to say, is 25 or 30 you life will give you so many ups and downs, boyfriend or not. Family or not. The older you get the faster time goes by and the more you will realise that you should have been out having fun instead of moping around doing nothing.

Joe
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Jun 9, 2007, 02:16 AM
    Hello smcthatgirl2,

It is always difficult trying to answer this kind of question. Especially when you have already been told to be patient and things will work.

But it is true, things will get better.

You are certainly not 'sounding stupid' the reason you are feeling the way you are is simply because you are growing up and becoming a woman. This process affects young women (and men) in different ways.

Its them thar darned hormones kicking in.

You certainly give me the impression that you are beginning to deal with it as you say you are not as depressed as you used to be. Keep on thinking positively.

If its any consolation, you are definitely not the only young lady who has had this problem and of course you won't be the last.

I am sure you have friends as well as your mother who love you in their own way.

In my opinion you may be getting overly anxious needlessly. True you have friends or know people around your age who have boy/girlfriends, but if you really look around I bet you will find others who are in the same position as you and a lot of those simply do not bother too much about it and just live their lives fully and concentrate on other things such as their education.

I did not have my first girlfriend until I was 18 but it never worried me because I knew my turn would come.

Have you thought of changing a little about your lifestyle? Going to new places, meeting new people around your age. Maybe even changing a few things about your appearance, hairstyle, fashion etc. It could work wonders and I am sure it would make you feel good in yourself too.

Always remember that it may better to wait a little longer for the right one to come along rather than fall for someone who is not right for you and end up with a broken heart. But even the odd broken heart is part of the 'growing up' process.

I will wager that the vast majority of those you know with boy/girlfriends at the moment will not be with them in the months to come.

As you have already been told, be patient. Also find new places to go and new people to meet and change a little about yourself and don't fret. As in my case, your turn will come, and when it does it will be worth the wait.

I know these are only words but I was told something similar when I was about 15 and it worked for me.

The very best for luck and love.

Cy
    (Poseidon)
    smcthatgirl2 Posts: 92, Reputation: 2

Jun 9, 2007, 03:32 AM
    Yeah. Thanks for the advice :) I am going to try and make things better, but I'm just not sure I can change myself like that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel So empty [ 15 Answers ]

My life is pretty calm and I barley have anything wrong. I am an only child and I have a very caring loveing mother that has always been there for me... I don't have a messed up life but I constantley feel as though I have nothing... no feeling what so ever.. and I'm always depressed it seems...

Unused, Empty Toilet [ 3 Answers ]

A year ago we shut the water to a toilet in our house off because it was constantly running. We were planning to replace the toilet (it was very old anyway) with a new one when we renovated the bathroom. Some time has passed and we are now ready to renovate and will replace the toilet. Will we...

I feel so empty.. What should I do? [ 5 Answers ]

So I have went through some pretty crazy relationships, but I was always being hurt, or lied too, even cheated on- and finally I thought I found the guy of my dreams. He was amazing- he brought me flowers, drove for four hours at two in the morning to come and see me, and never put me down once. In...

Small tank in loft empty [ 3 Answers ]

Is your system a two pipe or one pipe system? A two pipe system has a hot supply which feeds the radiator, and the cold goes back to the boiler. A single pipe system feeds through each radiator in a series. Turning off one radiator in such a system will defeat the whole zone. If it is a...

View more questions Search