Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria67 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Fighting for custody
    How can I fight for sole custody of my 4 year old if I can't prove the father is unfit?
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Jun 9, 2007, 06:03 AM
    I don't think you can fight and expect to win if the child's father isn't abusive or neglectful unless he abandoned the child for a period specified by your state's laws. The only way to get full custody is if the dad signs custody away.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2007, 06:07 AM
    If you are rich enough and can hire enough lawyers and enough PI's almost anything can be done.

But basically if the father is not a danger to the child, he is going to have his rights, and be allowed visitation of the child, this is not only the law but only right if he is the father.
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

Jun 9, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Why do people think that having sole custody of the child is always the answer? Who does this benefit? What is your reason for wanting sole custody?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father fighting for custody wants to know what to expect and how to prepare for court [ 13 Answers ]

I have served my child's mother with a custody hearing, and I myself have taken some measures to provide for the case such as tape recordings of her and the threats she made while she was pregnant about killing her self, taking a bottle of pills, then there are some stating that "This is my baby,...

Grandparent fighting for Custody [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 16 and is negligent in the care of her 9 month old. She has become obsessed with her boyfriend and is not thinking clearly. She recently "loaned" her child to him for a week while she stayed at home. She did not know where he was, just somewhere in Virginia, I live in Maryland, PG...

Fighting Horse [ 4 Answers ]

I ride at a horse center where each week I ride a different horse. I once rode a gelding who would constantly fight for a longer rein, especially when I would try to halt him. If I gave him a longer rein, he would take advantage of that and try to take off. What do I do?

Fighting dss for custody of my sisters children [ 1 Answers ]

DSS took my sister children, she did not want to lose custody of them but that is what has happened. My wife and I told her that we would take her children into our home so that they would be able to stay in the family. She waited because she was going to do the programs that they had asked her...

Help with fighting kittens [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 kittens, 2 females and 1 male. They are all 3 months old and from the same litter. The male was sick for 2 weeks and was not allowed to be near the females. Today the vet gave me the go ahead to put them all together again. I was expecting a happy reunion, but that's not what happened! 1...

View more questions Search