Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

May 31, 2005, 07:23 PM
    No cold water pressure in kitchen
    We just moved in a month ago and from the beginning and the water pressure on the cold water side in the kitchen faucet is very low. The hot water is normal and all the other faucets seem to have normal pressure. Any suggestions?
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

May 31, 2005, 08:03 PM
    3 possibilities
    1.There is a block from the water supply. Turn off water at angle stop and disconnect water supply and run water into a bucket from the flex line. If you don't have adequate pressure, replace angle stop and/or flex line.(angle stop shut off valve shown below)
    2.water pressure is good from flex line but not out of spout.
    Turn off water, remove faucet stem and inspect seat. Is it blocked? Does the washer look OK?
    3.(highly unlikely)Turn on water with cold stem out (cover with hand or cup) Is it good pressure? If so hold hand over spout or remove aerator and replace the washer with a dime (temporary) so that you can run hot water to bypass the spout and wash out any debris. Replace parts
    Attached Images

jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Jun 1, 2005, 02:56 PM
    I figured it had to be something like that. It seems there are a lot of plumbing issues in the house and the more I do the more I discover. I have a plumber who is helping me but he is really busy and can't get to everything right away. I will look at all that. Unfortunately, I have other priority things that need to get done so I may have to hold off a day or 2. Thanks for your help.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No cold water from kitchen sink [ 4 Answers ]

Any help is appreciated in advance. Before I call the plumber because I'm a plumbing novice. I thought I would search the internet and see what I can find out. For some reason today my the cold water faucet in my kitchen sink is no longer working. The hot water flows just fine, but not the...

No pressure to cold water in bathtub [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I had a Moen Faucet connected in my wife's tub about a year ago. It's been working great but the last three weeks or so It seems the cold water pressure is dropping dramatically. Hot water runs fine. This is the only faucet in the house that has this problem. I've already cleaned the aerator...

Cold Water Pressure [ 5 Answers ]

I have no cold water pressure in my bathtub faucet. I live in an older house which seems to have been built by a couple of guys in their spare time. I don't know anything about plumbing. I read some posts water pressure but was pretty confused. Is there some kind of cartridge I have to clean? ...

Hot & Cold Water Pressure An Issue [ 3 Answers ]

We recently bought a house. Our water pressure is terrible and the hot water is even worse. :( (Basically dribbles out.) Are the two problems correctable by adjusting the "cut-in, cut-out" pressure? The well is about 50 feet from the house. Pressure tank inside the house in the basement which is...

Low cold water flow/pressure in kitchen sink [ 6 Answers ]

We live on the 6th floor in a 12-story condo building and have always had low cold water flow/pressure in the kitchen sink. The hot water is OK, as is the cold water in the bathrooms. I've adjusted the pressure valve under the sink to get as much flow/pressure as possible, but the stream is barely...

View more questions Search