Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ivrin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 01:54 PM
    First time offenders act
    I am a first time fellon charge with a dui .I understand that in the state of Georiga there is a first time offenders act that say when applying for a job you don't have to disclose any information about any past conviction to an employer. My question is ,is that true and is there any law like that in Azirona ,what it is and if so how can I use it because I am getting turnd down for any good jobs. So PLEASE HELP!! :confused:
    ivrin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Is there a law that says I don't have to reveal that I am a first time fellon chard with a DUI
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Jun 8, 2007, 03:22 PM
    No, there in NOT such a law.

It IS possible that if you are a first-time offender, the judge can order that after you have completed your probation and paid all fines and behaved yourself, that you can request the matter be expunged from your record. They don't always do this, and there usually has to be a good reason to do it. But until it is, your are required to answer "Yes" if an employment form asks if you have ever been convicted of anything.
    Wawkk05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2012, 04:34 PM
    My husband is a 46 year old first time offender with a 22 month sentence for mortgage fraud. Would he be eligible for the first time offenders act?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex offenders rights [ 10 Answers ]

My daughter's offender just served 3 years in prison for what he did to her. He was released in October 2005 and his 'level' has yet to be classified as a 1, 2, or 3. I contacted the D.A. in early December at the advice of the NYS Sex Offender Registry and was told that all arguments have been made...

Isn't there a first time offenders act? [ 2 Answers ]

I was recently charged with a felony drug charges and I was wondering if there is a first time offenders act for the state of va for felonies?

What happens to a young offenders violent crime record after 18 [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know what? If anything happens to a Young offender charged With violent crimes prior to 18th birthday. I'm unaware of how the Canadian Judicial system works is this regard. I have a young ward under my care Who is extremely concerned about past issues, warrants,etc which occurred...

How Would You Act? [ 9 Answers ]

Everyone here knows how confusing relationships and breaking up can be. I am really in love with this guy. I broke up with him 4 months ago, due to the distance between us.. In 4 weeks or less Ill see him again cause Im going to study in his country.. He's going to pick me up at the airport...

What should I do? How should I act? [ 21 Answers ]

Hello, all. I am new here and I hope to get some insight from you all about my situation. It might be kind of long, so please bear with me! I have a good online friend who I have been chatting online/emailing with for 5 years or so. Over the years, we've talked a lot about each other,...

View more questions Search