Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yrnut Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 01:07 PM
    1990 Honda Civic LX 1.5L
    I am getting an error code 8 (TDC Position) and an error code 20 (Electric Load) on my ECM. I cannot find any detailed information about either of these codes. Can anyone help me either locate a site that has good explinations, or advise me on what I should be looking at.

The problem that I have with the car that made me look at the error codes in the first place is: the engine will not rev past 3500 rpms in any gear or in park. It is almost like there is a rev limiter. I'm not even sure if the codes are related to the problem.

Any and allhelp is greatly appriciated.

Thank You.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2007, 01:58 PM
    . The ECM may be bad. Run the K-Test:

The K-Test: Remove the MAP Sensor connector and turn the ignition switch to ON (not start). Using a multimeter, check for 5 volts going between the MAP Sensor connector's reference wire (+) and ground. As you look at the connector, this is the socket on the right. Really press the black test lead into a cleaned main ECM ground on the thermostat housing. If the voltage is low, it's probably indicating ECM failure. Most failed ECMs will record a fraction of a volt.

. Check all under-dash and under-hood fuses with a test light or multimeter. Particularly, check the ACG (S) (15 A) fuse in the under-dash fuse box. Here's how:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1990 honda civic hatchback dx [ 6 Answers ]

Problem starts when I waited for a train, shut off the motor and kept lights and stereo on, next day tried to boost it, nothing, then tried changing the battery, nothing... so when towing we bump started it by popping the clutch and putting it in first, so it runs, but won't start. We get it home...

1990 honda civic [ 2 Answers ]

My 1990 honda civic with 306000 miles runs good most of the time. Sometimes while I am driving it the car will just qiut and the check engine light will come on. I looked under the carpet on the passenger side and saw a red light blink 15&16 times. What is going on? Sometimes it will start right...

1990 Honda Civic Overheats [ 9 Answers ]

I have a problem and I cannot seem to find the solution. I have a 1990 Honda Civic with a 1989 Acura Integra Engine Swap in it, and it overheats. I replaced the thermostat a few weeks - a month ago and replaced coolant. I get heat from the heater in the car. The car will overheat after about 5-10...

1990 Honda Civic DX [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my problem: My engine starts and idles fine. Under acceleration it accelerates up to about 2500 rpm, then the ignition cuts off. When you shift gears you can run it back up to about 2500 rpm again, then it cuts out again. This occurs through all the gears. The check engine light stays on...

View more questions Search