Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Johhny2 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2005, 12:44 PM
    Lawn Chief 11hp B & S
    Hey I got a Lawn Chief Brigg and stration 11hp
    And the lights don't have any wire connecting to them so they don't work.
    Any idea where the wires come from so they will work? Thanks for your help.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2005, 08:42 PM
    Well, there should be a wire on most old ones coming from under the flywheel, there's a alternator under there. One wire hookup, meaning it uses ground as its other... one wire from the lights hooked to positive with a switch in between will run off the alternator. Negative to ground. Or just hook it to the battery... but why use lights?? They draw power and doesn't give the battery a good charge during mowing... this is the general way I do them though... some are hooked through the key ignition on newer ones. The alternator should give out 12 volts.
    Johhny2 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2005, 09:01 PM
    Thanks Dude,
    I dident really want the lights lol just needed to know they would work.
    :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn Chief riding mower [ 6 Answers ]

Two wires got disconnected from our riding lawnmower. I need to know where the 2 red wires are supposed to go. The longer red wire is hooked to the key or kill switch and the shorter red wire is hooked to the solenoid. I think the shorter wire is for ground. The mfg. # is 0048 and the model # is...

Murray 11hp won't start, help please... [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a little bit older model Murray riding lawnmower with the 11hp B&S engine. Im not sure exactly what year or model, the number I got off the engine and entered into B&S's website said it was not found?? But anyway, I have a brand new battery, power cables, solenoid, key ignition and...

Lawn chief 12/39 [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a lawn chief 12/39 used.The problem I am having is it starts very hard and I usually have to jump start it.When I do get it started.I can drive around all day without problems and it can also sit idle with the mower running but when both are engaged it stalls.It has a 12hp briggs engine in...

Lawn Chief not running [ 5 Answers ]

:( I found out the mower is a Lawn Chief. But it will not run for very long. The carburator has new parts, the transmission is fine, but when it is started it will quit as soon as it is put in the run or idle position. Think it may be the motor, but any ideas on what part?

View more questions Search