Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sterlingChen Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Unsupervised Probation
    I got a charge w/ 2 Unsupervised Probation. My questions are:
    1) If I move to another place, should I report to the local Probation Officer (both out and in locations)
    2) If I travel, should I also report to the Probation Office?
    3) If I find ajob, should I tell my boss or employer?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 12:05 PM
    This should all the in the terms of your probation, or just ask the probation officer these questions.
    Purfekshunist Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 12:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlingChen
    I got a charge w/ 2 Unsupervised Probation. My questions are:
    1) If I move to another place, should I report to the local Probation Officer (both out and in locations)
    2) If I travel, should I also report to the Probation Office?
    3) If I find ajob, should I tell my boss or employer?
    Definitely check the terms of your probation contract. You should have all that documentation from your court hearing. If you no longer have it or don't understand it, then 1) Go the Court Clerk's office to get another copy and/or find out who your court services officer is 2) Call your attorney, or 3) Call the District Attorney's office for information on who you should contact. WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T LEAVE THE COUNTY/STATE WITHOUT APPROPRIATE PRIOR PERMISSION AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A TRAVEL PERMIT DOCUMENTING PERMISSION FOR YOU TO DO SO!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 11, 2007, 05:00 AM
    Normally in the US, ( although it will depend on the rules of your specific probation)

1. You can not move without telling your probation officer first. If you are moving from city to city, you will have to get their permission.
    If you are moving out of state, you will have to get permission of both states prior to moving. Moving without permission will almost always be a violation of your probation.

2. Travel depends on your level of probation and your specific rules, Normally if you are traveling out of state and esp out of the county, you have to get permission before you travel

3.Normally your probation officer wlll take care of that, since they normally check with the employer that you are working.
    And if the application asks about it, you have to tell them.
    wvguy1986 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Nov 4, 2010, 03:31 AM
    UNSUPERVISED PROBATION = NOT DIRECTLY SUPERVISED BY A PROBATION OFFICE or OFFICER, been there done that..

if he wanted to move he is not directly being supervised, BUT on the contrary its all about how the unsupervised probation terms are written, read the court order carefully if there is nothing in the writing of the court order specifically asking you to notify the court of a move or change than your good as gold

ellalarry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2011, 02:58 PM
    I am on unsupervised probation for 3 months. I currently live in Florida, am I able to move to another city in Florida while on unsupervised probation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unsupervised probation [ 2 Answers ]

My brother-in-law is on unsupervised probation in Tennessee. He wants to come live with me and his brother in Michigan. Will he get in trouble for leaving state if he does?

Unsupervised probation [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband is on unsupervised probation. Is he allowed to possess a firearm, or leave the state without prior consent or notification?

Unsupervised probation [ 1 Answers ]

I am on unsupervised probation in the state of Indiana but I am going to college in Idaho. I have paid all my fines and attended the alcohol classes on time and with no problems. I have one month left on my year long probation but 5 months ago I got pulled over for invalid license. I called the...

View more questions Search