Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    littlemisslk Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 04:10 AM
    Eye laser surgery
    Does anyone no how effective eyelaser surgery is? and is there any danger of something going wrong... and is it sore?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2007, 04:16 AM
    What kind of eye surgery? You mean to correct eye-sight (like glasses or contact lenses also correct)? Or something else? There are many conditions of the eye that can be corrected with laser treatment.
    littlemisslk Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 04:32 AM
    Eye laser surgery to correct my eyesight because I wear contact lenses now... and I wear them every single day all day long.. is that bad?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2007, 05:16 AM
    Well, contact lenses can irritate your eyes with them all day long, as long as you ensure you follow proper hygiene then the risk of further damage it limited.

I find glasses fine to use, they carry no risk, but I know they aren't for everyone.

For the surgery, have a read of LASIK - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LASIK is probably the surgery that you would probably have done. I'd like to point you to the compications section, where they state that somewhere between 3-6% of patients have complications 6 months after the operation.

Also keep in mind that LASIK is irreversible.

Good luck with whatever you choose :)
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jul 31, 2007, 07:29 AM
    I had laser eye surgery about 7 months ago. It was the best thing I have ever done. I would do it again if I had to. It is very effective. I researched it a lot before I did it, the risk are very low. Dry eyes is the only annoying part but it goes away. You can see almost immediately and now I see better then 20/20 and my vision was a -5 before. It doesn't hurt because they give you numbing drops, it's very quick mine was about 13 min total. I went to Dr. Pannu in Fl. He was great. If you are thinking of doing it, do it!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 31, 2007, 07:32 AM
    I had RK surgery several years ago before they started with Lasik and other forms of laser eye correction. This is a very mature procedure with a very high success and safety record. Most opthamologists who offer this surgery will do a free evaluation of you to see if you are a viable candidate.

If you are, the likelihood is they can return your to near 20-20 eyesight.
    grandma215 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Aug 1, 2007, 07:10 PM
    Hi, it also depends on how old you are. I am 62 and I had it done a couple of years ago. I had it done just in one eye, I had mono vision with my contacts. The first time I had it done it was done by lasik but it did not work and I had to go back to contacts. Then after a year they redid it by RK the old way and it worked this time. My son also had lasik about four years ago and his turn out great. He can see real good. He was 37 at the time. My daughter just had lasik done Friday the 27th and she is having a lots of pain with hers. She is returning to the Dr. tomorrow. She said it wakes her up at night hurting and feels like they are going to pop out of the back of her head. So I guess it works different with everyone. Just pick a good Dr. and I hope you have the best of luck. It is worth it, if it works as good as mine ( even with having it done twice) and my sons. You will have to go 2-4 weeks without contacts before having it done.
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Aug 2, 2007, 06:41 AM
    Didn't the Dr. give her numbing drops. They gave them to me and if I felt anything the drops worked fast. She should ask about them.
    jessy4 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 05:22 PM
    I had lasek eye surgery just over a year ago after wearing glasses for over 20 years and wish I had had it done sooner. Yes it was strange not to have the barrier of glasses, but wow now I love it.
    Yes it hurt , a lot... for a few days but it was worth it. There is always a chance of complications take your time in finding a surgen you trust have some understanding of what the surgery involves and think of questions before you go (write them down I did not and forgot them luckly my husband was there who did ask)
    Ken 297 Posts: 112, Reputation: 24

Oct 2, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Had Lasik surgery about 10 years ago.
    After wearing glasses and contacts for 30 years.
    It was a little uncomfortable for the first day or two afterwards but my vision went to 20/20 and I never regretted it.
    I play a lot of sports and not wearing glasses was great.
    I would do it again
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 9, 2007, 09:02 PM
    Lasik is the way to go as long as you aren't legally blind. MOST OPthamologists that preform this procedure will have a free consultation with you make sure that you are a good candidate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laser Treatment [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone tried laser treatment to quit smoking ? And if it helps.

Laser Printer [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting to a point where I will be doing a larger amount of printing. A lot of it in black and white but some color. I have been using a Lexmark inkjet printer ( cheap walmart ) Someone suggested I buy a used laser printer ( on somewhere like ebay) and the toner cart is a lot cheaper per...

Laser eye surgery [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone had it done and what are the benefits and/or side-effects of this type of procedure.After wearing glasses for 20 plus years and dealing with the problems of glasses, breakage,losing them,struggling to see without them when I wake up.. etc... I am thinking of having it done so I'd like...

Laser Printer not Printing [ 2 Answers ]

First of All MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.. Having problem printing on my HP 2600n Laser Jet Printer.. Tried re-connecting (USB) the printer but still no luck & it keeps on showing the OFFLINE status... Please advise...

View more questions Search