Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dispicablycool Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 02:52 AM
    Ahh getting rid of jet black hair dye - going back brown!
    Hey! I've got such a problem!
    I dyed my hair a few days ago and it went ginger, so I dyed over it dark brown but it went jet black,[yesterday] and so I dyed over it with brown hair dye and it didn't make any difference
    I have brown extensions[because I hate my short hair] and they don't match and I can't afford black ones which I don't even want
    I start school again on Monday after my exams and I'm really worried because I don't want to go 2 school with black hair and without my extensions
    It might seem lame to be worried but I really just want to go back 2 my natural dark brown or any colour brown
    PLEASE HELP
    I will be soooo grateful
    Thanks
    Jodie xxx
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jun 8, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Dark hair contains a lot of red pigment in it, and if you apply an at-home box color on your hair, it will result in reddish or ginger color. If you want to go from black to brown without the reddish tones, visit a salon and get them to correct the color. The hairstylist may use an ash base hair color with a 20 volume peroxide developer to achieve the color you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black hair, dyed brown, how can I dye it ash brown? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi I have naturally very dark brown hair, its pretty much black. I have been dying it black for the past two years. Today I bleached it and then dyed it "light ash brown". Obviously it didn't come out "ash" at all it more like a golden brown. My hair is actually still very healthy after...

Can I dye my black hair brown? [ 4 Answers ]

I've been dying my hair black with permanent dye for about five years. The last time I dyed it was four months ago, and now I want to dye it dark brown. Can I just dye over it or do I have to get rid of the black first?

Brown Hair Dye Turned Black [ 4 Answers ]

I Dyed My Teenage Daughters Hair Last Night. It Was Supposed To Be Dark Brown. Some Is Dark Brown, But Most Of It Looks Black. What Can I Do To Lighten It. She Left For School In Tears This Morning. She Thinks It Looks Gothic. Please Help.

How do I dye my jet black hair to a light brown color? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I dyed my hair dark brown but obviously it came out in this unnatural gothic black color. How do I color it back to something like ight or medium brown? Can I use semi permanent haircolor or something else? If so what color do you recommend I use? Thanks

Getting rid of midnight black hair dye [ 1 Answers ]

I recently went to walmart and bought a hair dye kit for the first time just to do something spontaniously. I have medium brown hair and I dyed it midnight black. I really dislike the color, it is too dark. I just realized I am in a wedding in 10 days and I am wearing silver. Help!! I need to get...

View more questions Search