Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clashcitydesign Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2007, 10:15 PM
    70's or 80's Cartoon Movie
    Alrighty, here's the skinny. When I was a kid, there was an animated movie that used to come on all the time and I can't for the life of me remember what it was called or specifically what it was about.

Here's what I know:
    -It took place in modern times
    -The two main characters were a brother and sister
    -There was a talking black cat
    -There was a witch who was not your typical green skinned hag. She was attractive (don't worry I'm not a perv), but she wore the black gown and pointy hat
    -There was a climactic scene on a mountain top
    -The style of the cartoon was very similar to that of the original Plastic Man cartoon of 1979

There's a part of my brain that wants to say the title was similar to the "Escape From Witch Mountain" movies or that the mountain in that climactic scene was called witch mountain or something like that, but the cartoon had nothing to do with those films.

Can someone please help me regain this nugget of my bygone childhood?
    supermike22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 07:11 PM
    I remember this but I can't think of the title either. I don't remember if it was a cartoon or not though. I do remember watching it several times though on Saturday mornings I think.

Quote Originally Posted by clashcitydesign
    Alrighty, here's the skinny. When I was a kid, there was an animated movie that used to come on all the time and I can't for the life of me remember what it was called or specifically what it was about.

Here's what I know:
    -It took place in modern times
    -The two main characters were a brother and sister
    -There was a talking black cat
    -There was a witch who was not your typical green skinned hag. She was attractive (don't worry I'm not a perv), but she wore the black gown and pointy hat
    -There was a climactic scene on a mountain top
    -The style of the cartoon was very similar to that of the original Plastic Man cartoon of 1979

There's a part of my brain that wants to say the title was similar to the "Escape From Witch Mountain" movies or that the mountain in that climactic scene was called witch mountain or something like that, but the cartoon had nothing to do with those films.

Can someone please help me regain this nugget of my bygone childhood?
    radarhifi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Yup...

The Trouble With Miss Switch Part One and Part Two

Main characters were Miss Switch and her cat Bathsheba, Rupert & Amelia, and the Computer Witch

Here's a couple of links
    "ABC Weekend Specials" The Trouble with Miss Switch (1980)

The Trouble with Miss Switch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers,
    !r
    clashcitydesign Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2008, 11:20 PM
    It's taken forever, but I've finally tracked it down. After years of trying to find out what this cartoon was, I've found it. It was an ABC Weekend Special in 1982 called "Miss Switch to The Rescue" -sigh

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 70's early 80's kids cartoon movie [ 2 Answers ]

This has been driving me crazy! I saw this movie when I was about 5 (23 now) and in it there were little orange insect-like-cartoons and they had humps and you needed a certain number of humps to get into this really cool exclusive hangout place so one character faked a hump and maybe got caught. ...

70's Live Action & Cartoon Movie [ 1 Answers ]

This movie is a lot like the raggedie ann and andie movie except this one involves a little girl going to the aquarium and doing the free willy thing trying to feed the female whale. She ends up following the whale and this is when it completely switches over to the cartoon. I am unsure of the...

Movie Title from the 70's maybe 80's [ 1 Answers ]

I saw this movie a long time ago that I think was made in the late 70's maybe early 80's. I don't know who's in it. It takes place at an all girls camp. There is this one girl who is rich and this other girl who gets in trouble all the time. The two girls make a bet to see who can lose their...

Old 70's or 80's movie (possible made-for-tv) [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, There's a movie that I've been hunting down that I cannot seem to get any help with. Hopefully someone on this site will be able to help :o When I was growing up in the 80's, my mom had recorded this movie about a woman who had gotten into a plane wreck and survived. She had a...

80's or 70's movie [ 1 Answers ]

I've been trying to find the title to a movie I only seen once when I was about 7 years old... All I can remember is a woman cocooned in a bath room and a young boy collects large eggs that come out of her... And I remember the end a woman picks up one of the eggs and a claw comes out of the eggs...

View more questions Search