Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smallboi Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 09:39 PM
    Im really skinny and short
    Well Im male...
    Im 14 years old and 5"2 . However my wieght is like 80?
    Yeah Im really skinny, every time I look at my arms I pull my sleeves down
    Trying to hide it. I eat quite a lot but I dun exercise. I dun get fatter nor taller...
    Some people told me to wieght lift, but I heard it also stunts your growth.
    Sometimes this just makes me want to cry T_T
    Any help would be appreciated...
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 7, 2007, 09:43 PM
    Have you gone through puberty yet?
    I takes awhile before your metablism chatches on, there for it creates a period like this

Jun 7, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Hm... This is quite embarrassing but I've gotten hair on places I didn't usually have. But no voice changed or watsoever. Just skinny and 5"2 =/

Jun 7, 2007, 09:57 PM
    I think you're in the first stages of puberty. Not to be worries, things of this matter are quite normal. And for being 14, 5'2'' is quite normal.

Jun 7, 2007, 10:02 PM
    My dear, don't let thoes words get to you! It has nothing to do with you. Your body is still changing and reajusting. In a matter of months you will most likley see a change in your body. You will until you are 18, so you still have a lot of time.
    :)
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2007, 10:43 PM
    You are underweight for your age/height. This as other posters agree may be due to pubescence or early adolesence. You may have a medical condition that needs to be tested for. You may not be absorbing fat from your meals.

See a doctor about a test for blood elements and a test to exclude cystic fibrosis-(if you have breathing difficulties) otherwise if the above is excluded-you're a low weight boy-can't do much about it-unfortunately.

Jun 7, 2007, 11:10 PM
    O well :(
    I guess I should just go see a doctor and ask what he thinks.
    Les just hope nothing is wrong with me T_T
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Jul 8, 2007, 03:23 AM
    Smallboi, I am 27 and I weigh 80lbs and am 5' 1". I am perfectly normal and healthy. Medical height/weight charts are simply a basic guideline and do not concern everyone. We do not all have the same bodies. One size fits all and one chart fits all do not exist. People have different metabolisms, bone structures and genetics in general. Don't sweat it. As far as the midget comments go, don't let them get to you. Look at it this way, they call you names now but 10 years from now most of them won't be able to see their feet around their beer bellies. Hang in there!

Jul 8, 2007, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by airbats-goku
    smallboi, I am 27 and I weigh 80lbs and am 5' 1". I am perfectly normal and healthy. Medical height/weight charts are simply a basic guideline and do not concern everyone. We do not all have the same bodies. One size fits all and one chart fits all do not exist. People have different metabolisms, bone structures and genetics in general. Don't sweat it. As far as the midget comments go, don't let them get to you. look at it this way, they call you names now but 10 years from now most of them won't be able to see their feet around their beer bellies. Hang in there!
    Lol thanks ^_^
    Im starting to grow :D!
    But I'm my arm , the wrist's width is like 1 inch o.o...
    And it prevents me from wearing short sleeves >_< even in hot weather.
    Anyway to improve that ?o.o
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 08:40 AM
    Go see the doc on the off chance there is a medical problem, but airbat's is right everyone if different. Your right though don't lift weights at your age - it doesn't lead to anything good, your body isn't ready for it. Very irresponsible of the people who mentioned it.

Wear what you like when you like. If people say anything be glad you found out that they are idiots before you invested too much time in them.

Good luck - just wanted to add my two pence about the weightlifting.
    tatertot411 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Don't feel bad because I knew a 14 year old who was 4'6 and probably didn't weigh very much because he was super bony. But he had a major growth spurt and now he's taller and more muscular than a lot of guys! ;):)

Jul 8, 2007, 04:23 PM
    Hmm how about exercise?
    What do you recommend ?
    I've been doing stretches,push-ups, and crunches.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 11:54 PM
    You should join a sports team, it'll be more fun than reps of exercises and you'll get to make friends. If yo start now you'll be really good when your older if you stick with it. If you just do random exercises you'll getv bored of them before long. Also if you are having fun you'll be exercising without realising- and you'll do your whole body not just one area. Perhaps a martial art would be good as it will build your confidence and yo don't have to wear shorts/short sleeves.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Jul 9, 2007, 01:05 AM
    Its not all that great being like 6'4. I look really skinny because I am so tall, and plus tall people die earlier than shorter people because the heart has to work harder to pump blood all over the body. I wish I was 5'5. :(
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Jul 9, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Only time smallboi lol. Mine islike that for life. Lol. Anytime you need someone small to talk to e-mail me at this addy [email protected]

Jul 9, 2007, 07:32 PM
    Lol I will !
    Thanks you guys ^_^
    I've been swimming and you see most of the teams at my skool you need to tryout and judging by my body... there's no way I'll make it >_<
    Btw I suck
    I'll just stick to swimming and I know exercise is boring but I'll do them anyway because I have the motivation to grow :D
    And me and my brother fight a lot :P so... I think that's physically active >_<
    But we dun have Major injuries... barely actually cause were basically just throwing paper balls O.o
    Lolitah_xx Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jul 9, 2007, 07:48 PM
    it depends on if u went through puberty already or maybe you just have a fast metabolism and about the heiqht thing... weights don't stunt your growth actually they'll make u look bigger so keep lifting them and as far as the weight thing goes just eat more bread and fast food and stuff but not too much or too much weight will come on and u won't be able to get it off well good luck =]
    tatertot411 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 02:37 PM
    I definitely agree with joining a sports team he was super athletic.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Straight" Skinny vs "Gay" Skinny [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently watching a show called "Will & Grace" and in one of their episodes, the main character, a gay male named Will, was trying to eat a cookie when his gay (male) friend Jack interrupted. Grace, a straight female friend was there. The following dialogue is transcribed from the episode. ...

Too Skinny? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 13 year old girl, 5' 1", 95 pounds, 22 inch waist and 32 inch hips. It's nearing the end of track season now (I'm a long/middle distance track runner and a cross country runner), and I never noticed how skinny I was before. I'm starting to run 30 miles a week in order to build my base for XC...

Skinny legs [ 1 Answers ]

I am a size 11/13 but I have little calves and semi small thighs.. and I really hate it bcause I look like a chicken.. I have been going to the gym and doing the elyptical, and also doing calf muscle builders.. will these exercises make my legs bigger?

Too skinny [ 1 Answers ]

I have a black lab crossed with a irish lab, he's a boy and eats a lot but his back bones show really well and is so0 thin? I'm just wondering is he OK? Or is there something I could do? He eats all the right puppy food biscuts etc.. He's about four months old? Please help!:confused:

Lab looking skinny [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 9 month old black lab "Tiko", my wife has been off for the last week and he has been getting a little more exercise than normal. He is looking a little skinny and I was wondering if we should feed him a little more. My only problem is that she will be going back to work and I don't want to...

View more questions Search