Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    val21 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2005, 01:33 PM
    My computer won't dual boot
    Hi I have a problem with my computer not dual booting. I had windows xp installed and then I installed unbuntu linux. I don't know what went wrong but know when I start my computer it will go dirrectly and boot in linux. It won't give an option to choose windows or linux.
    I did not reformat the hard drive nor delete windows. I partitioned my hard drive to install linux. Can some tell me what went worng thanks.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2005, 05:03 AM
    Interesting. I would try reinstalling Linux again. It should have installed GRUB as your bootloader so you can choose your OS. Hopefully PSI will see this topic soon. He's the resident Linux guru and he'll be a lot more help than me :)

Just make sure to do anything like reinstall Windows after Linux as Windows will overwrite the bootloader so you can't get to Linux.
    Dbriggs3130 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 11:29 AM
    Try inserting your disk fot linux while in your windows OS. It will open a menu of options for you and from there you can select it to install a new boot menu. I had the same problem to where it only wanted to start in windows 7, and now my PC will let me choose :) good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer won't boot [ 11 Answers ]

I have recently been building a new system and finally purchased the cpu a few days ago. At first when I put everything together and booted it up all I got was a blank screen and the hard drive light constantly on as well as all fans spinning. So I took out the lithium battery to reset cmos and it...

No dual boot prompt for linux [ 2 Answers ]

I was having windows98 installed on my system(celeron 500MHz processor ,64MB RAM). I recently installed red hat 7.3 on my system.the installation was successful.I used lilo as my boot loader. The problem that I am facing is after starting my system , instead of asking to choose a os(dual...

Dual boot problem [ 13 Answers ]

Have win.xp home-SP2.pent 4,1.6.40g HD, 512 ram.a2nd-HD, 100GIG.Idid clean install of xp then using norton ghost cloned it over to 2nd HD.Also have partition commander to give doul boot,iwould like to save c:drive as a back up.useing my d: 100 g.for every day use. The problem I have is when I down...

Dual boot [ 3 Answers ]

I was dual booting win 2000 and xp then I removed 2000 but when my computer boots the message select the operating system to start still apears how do I get rid of this

98SE/2000 Dual Boot [ 2 Answers ]

I'm thinking about making my AMD, 333MHz, IBM Aptiva a dual boot machine. 98SE/2000 Specs. 144 MB Ram 6GB Hard Drive Will my computer handle it?. How much disk space does 2000 need? Should I download a boot manager? Does Windows 2000 come with a dual-boot menu? What does file system...

View more questions Search