Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    axeman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 06:04 PM
    Lawn Chief
    My mower blades engage when the cutting deck is lowered, it runs fine as long as I cut high, but if I lower it to low it starts to cut out even on the driveway. What could it be?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2007, 06:10 PM
    Check condition of blade. Check air pressure in tires 12psi in front and 10psi in rear. Level deck
    dirkmyster Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by axeman
    My mower blades engage when the cutting deck is lowered, it runs fine as long as I cut high, but if I lower it to low it starts to cut out even on the driveway. what could it be?
    Check your front pulley and see if it dropped down and the belt could be rubbing on the frame

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn chief [ 3 Answers ]

We have a lawn chief 440 riding lawnmower and I do not have the owners manual and the person we bought it from has changed the seat so I can not get the model # all that I know is that it was built in 1992 and it says it is a 440 12.5 I/c 39 I hope that there is a way you can help me get a copy...

Lawn chief 12/39 [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a lawn chief 12/39 used.The problem I am having is it starts very hard and I usually have to jump start it.When I do get it started.I can drive around all day without problems and it can also sit idle with the mower running but when both are engaged it stalls.It has a 12hp briggs engine in...

Lawn Chief 11hp B & S [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I got a Lawn Chief Brigg and stration 11hp And the lights don't have any wire connecting to them so they don't work. Any idea where the wires come from so they will work? Thanks for your help.

Lawn Chief not running [ 5 Answers ]

:( I found out the mower is a Lawn Chief. But it will not run for very long. The carburator has new parts, the transmission is fine, but when it is started it will quit as soon as it is put in the run or idle position. Think it may be the motor, but any ideas on what part?

View more questions Search