Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TulsaDave Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2005, 10:28 AM
    Removing old pop-up flange
    I'm replacing the pop-up assemblies on our lavatory sinks, since I'm also putting in new faucets. The flange for the sink drain is rusted very thoroughly to the pop-up pipe. :confused:

Is there a secret to getting the old flange loose or is it time to take a hacksaw and just cut the pipe from beneath the sink?

Tulsa Dave
    darrel1953 Posts: 86, Reputation: 12

May 30, 2005, 10:08 PM
    You may have some trouble there.
    If you have loosened the hold down nut underneath and the flange won't unscrew you can tighten the nut back up and with a tiny tim blade (and not the frame or handle that usually holds it) you can cut through the flange (considering it is a male pattern flange) and with a screw driver just pry it out of there. That is usually a lot easier than trying to cut through the entire assembly because you don't have a lot of room and the brass at that point is a lot heavier. Good luck.
    Darrel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Flange for new flooring? [ 3 Answers ]

We've removed the particle board in our 1960's bathroom and plan to use cement board under new tile. The problem is we can't agree on how to lay the cement board. I think the metal flange (to copper pipe) needs to be removed so that the subfloor and tile can be properly placed beneath the flange....

Removing red tone [ 1 Answers ]

I had been using a semi permanent hair color by L'Oreal to tone down too light highlights and brassy colored roots in my dark ash blonde hair. I used a medium ash blonde to do this. The last time I did this, it didn't really get rid of the red looking color at the roots. So I used some L'Oreal...

Removing old old old wallpaper [ 6 Answers ]

I am remodeling a condo I recently bought. The wallpaper is old and double layer. The wallpaper glue under the base layer is about 2mm thick and won't come off. I have used hot water spray, wallpaper enzymes and elbow grease. The wall board paper is coming off in chunks. Any suggestions...

Removing Symantec... [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried to reinstall Nortons 2003 and I got an error, it's looking for the orton Aniti Virus LABEL (whatever that is, thinking it's the original CD) but I have this burned copy of Nortons that I just in case I misplace or break the original copy (with I happen to do), no I can't reinstall the...

Removing xp [ 1 Answers ]

I want to remove xp and install me back on my system for a couple months, how do I go about it Thanks

View more questions Search