Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wyattcleaners Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 01:58 PM
    Trying to start my own cleaning service
    I am trying to start my own cleaning business. I have passed out numerous of flyers and yet no response! How do I attract customers on a set budget and what questions do I ask to a potential client.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 7, 2007, 02:54 PM
    This always seems to be a good place to start. A cleaning business. If one can't do anything else, then this is what they choose. But, when you think about it, you are are always more experienced and intelligent then you think. Do some research at the library knock on doors ask questions, then sit down and do a sort of business plan.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 10, 2007, 02:49 PM
    I just gave you a not rude answer from another post you made to date. Not even thinking you were the same one who rated me as rude. So maybe you would like to rate me as rude this time. You have to take the bad with the good anywhere you go to ask advice.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2007, 02:31 AM
    Questions to ask a potential client - What hours do you want me (we) here to do the work? Do you have any supplies and cleaning equipment here that you will provide? Would you like any references? Would you like to see proof of my (our) liability insurance?

You might want to check out my answers on the following link for further advise, help and ideas. Most of the answers will be from me, at least on the first page that you see. I am totally self-employed and run a number of types of businesses. I am very successful at being self-employed. Among other things, one of the things that I do is clean for people.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/business-plans/

Also, it is best to name your business with a letter that is closer to the beginning of the alphabet if you are going to advertise in the local Yellow Pages of the phone book. I chose "Absolute" as my first word because I thought that it conveyed more meaning and substance to what I do, rather than something like "AAA", "A-1" or "All-Pro."
    rgpadgett Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2007, 08:51 AM
    I started a very successful cleaning business in a major resort town using this book from the publisher's of Entrepreneur Magazine. I no longer need the book. If you would like the opportunity to access this valuable resource go to, eBay My World - rgpadgett to check it out.
    HBF Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Jun 22, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wyattcleaners
    I am trying to start my own cleaning buisness. I have passed out numerous of flyers and yet no response! How do I attract customers on a set budget and what questions do I ask to a potential client.
    Flyers have been proven to be a waste of time and money, but if you are starting, it is best to try everything. Try getting a website (doesn't have to be big or cost money, there are free ones out there), try advertising on the internet and put an ad in the paper.

Once you have tried out all the advertising, see what gives you the best return so that you can focus your time and money there next time.

Good luck!
    Stacy
    Start Your Own Small Business With Professional Business Forms And Support - Home
    Helping you start your own business!
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2007, 12:25 AM
    Actually, placing flyers is not a waste of time and money. Even if you are established in your business, any avenue available for advertising can be helpful.

If the flyers look professional, people will respond.
    KAJ2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Hi I am new to this "ask me help desk" but I worked for a cleaning firm (commercial cleaning) which was all franchised. When I started working there I think the company had around about 30 jobs. When I left 18 months later I think we had around about 78. Every job was different some were 5 days others only one most were night cleans we had the odd one that was during the day and jobs ranged from around about $90.00 weekly to about $800.00 we had a few jobs that were only about $45.00 week not a lot of them though.
    We got all our jobs through telemarketing which I originally started doing then my job position changed, but I do think telemarketing would be the best way to get your name out there.
    Im not sure if you are wanting to setup domestic/commercial but if you decide to give telemarketing a go write yourself a short script i.e. ask who is in charge of cleaning decisions speak with that person, let them know who you are and just say you were wondering if they would be interested in " a free no obligation cleaning quote " they can hold on file for when they decide to get or change their cleaners. Anyway I hope this helps you. Good Luck.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2007, 09:25 AM
    This must be a class assignment that gets handed out out periodically - look at the very bottom of this page at the other questions that are asked that are similar.
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2010, 05:10 PM
    Old thread that is now archived.

Original question has has sufficient enough answers.

Carol02, I've titled and moved the question that you asked here. It can be found via clicking on the following link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/home-b...ss-431476.html

This thread is now CLOSED.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New cleaning service bids [ 5 Answers ]

I have just started an office cleaning business. I already have one client who wants bids on several locations. I don't have time to wait for a book to arrive in the mail to get advise! I need help ASAP!! If you can help, I would be soooo grateful- thank you, vvj

Cleaning service [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé came up with an idea he wants to start a cleaning service, I am behind him all the way. My question is how do we go about starting this? We are in niagara falls, ny area

Cleaning service [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, do you need a certain license to start a cleaning business and if so do you need to be a certain age

Cleaning Service [ 5 Answers ]

I want to start my own cleaning service, but I have no idea how to get started. My question is what do I need to do to get started?

Starting a cleaning service [ 6 Answers ]

Hello experts, Im located in Louisville Ky and I was interested in starting a cleaning service without tuns of money invested. Some of the things I would like to know is were do I start in terms of utilities and supplies, and what are the best markets or clients best suited for this carrer...

View more questions Search