Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MoonDust Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 10:13 AM
    Notification of Judgment
    Are collection agencies required to notify you before obtaining a judgment?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Yes, but they will try to make you think that can get a judgment without you going to court. Not
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Feb 29, 2008, 03:38 PM
    They do not have to tell you that they are going to sue you.

They cannot get a judgment without suing you first.

The only notification required is that you be legally served
    With the original notice of the suit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Notification of child [ 2 Answers ]

I was just notified by the state about my obligation to pay child support for an eight year old child that I never new existed. I have mixed feelings about this. Although I am excited to learn of the child, I am nervous that the state will determine an amount for child support and add it up since...

Final Notification [ 2 Answers ]

I received a letter from a company name United Debt Solutions,LLC. Saying failure to comply may result in recommendation that further action be filed against me in my county. This account was closed back in Sept. 2001 and what I owed back then was $1171 now they are asking for $13,802. Can they...

No notification of any hearing [ 1 Answers ]

I am in need of any information that you might have out there about the rights that we have pertaining to child support hearings. I have heard from my ex that a ruling was made against me, and have gone on the court website for public information in my name. I did conform that a judgment...

Levy without notification [ 3 Answers ]

Colorado Child Support Enforcement has levied my bank account, but never sent me a notice that I had a balance due. Is this legal? I thought they were required to send a bill and a demand for payment prior to seizing assets. They have my current address and phone number. There is no excuse for...

Notification Of Bequest! [ 2 Answers ]

Anybody out there ever heard of the subject "Notification Of Bequest!!!" being mentioned in an e-mail? I got one recently. I've seen other stuff similar to this one on-line. I figured it was some kind of scam. Please let me know what you know. Thanks! Rand

View more questions Search