Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rodeoroper Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 08:10 AM
    Horse trailer living quarters
    I am doing the L\Q's in my trailer. After installing the insulation can I screw the panelling directly to the aluminum tubing or should I put a strip of wood over the tubing first? I heard without the wood stripping the condensation off the tubing will cause the panelling to rot. If that is the case would vapour barrier help?
    LH1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2007, 06:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rodeoroper
    I am doing the L\Q's in my trailer. After installing the insulation can I screw the panelling directly to the aluminum tubing or should i put a strip of wood over the tubing first? I heard without the wood stripping the condensation off of the tubing will cause the panelling to rot. If that is the case would vapour barrier help?
    What kind of insulation did you use and how did you attach it. I am interested in finishing out my front tack but I can not find much information. Thanks in advance for any help.
    rodeoroper Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 01:18 PM
    I used 1" foam board the r value is good enough for what I need. I used stuff called PL 300 (Foam Board Adhesive Glue) to stick it to the walls and ceiling. You can buy it @ home Depot. Then I used aluminum tape to seal the cracks between each board. You can also go to www. Todd.redwrench.com that site might help you out
    pipilinecowboy98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LH1
    What kind of insulation did you use and how did you attach it. I am interested in finishing out my front tack but I can not find much information. Thanks in advance for any help.
    what chould i do to privent this problem.
    rjpsmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2010, 01:05 PM
    Have you ever thought of using insulated paint for your trailer? Try www.hytechsales.com. I used the BUS KOTE and it works wonderfully! Just a thought...
    debjsts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 11:19 PM
    Go to ehow.com and type in How to build living quarters in horse trailers... they have great instructions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horse [ 8 Answers ]

I was looking around for a safe horse for my 14 year old and I had stopped at a guys house cause he seen to have a lot of them, I had ask if he had any child safe well broken older horses (my child does know how to ride as I had tought her} any ways he told me he had a black gelding that's about 7...

Trailer Hitch [ 3 Answers ]

On either a 2006 or 2007 PT Cruiser can I carry a lift gate and a scooter? Total about 300 lbs.

Trailer burned [ 1 Answers ]

when I got divorced a few years ago I signed everything to my x with the exception of one mobile home on the property that I solely owned. I requested said trailer remain on property for it was under remodling construction. X had no problem with this and never requested said trailer be moved. Then...

Trailer hitch [ 4 Answers ]

I have a used truck with an odd trailer hitch receiver which is 1&7/8 inch rather than the usual 1&1/2 or 2 inch receiver & am looking to find where I can purchase a 1&7/8 inch insert bar (the part that actually holds the hitch ball). Any help would be appreciated.

View more questions Search