Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucy rose Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2007, 07:50 AM
    No contact mistakes!
    Hey evryone
    I could really do with some help. This may not seem like a big deal, as it wasn't even a proper relationship, but still I wuld like some advice. :) So here's the situation: I really liked this guy I met, we knew each other for a while, and one night he asked for my phone number. So he contacted me (as in text) that weekend, then basically texted me about 15 times a day every day for a week. I then stayed at his house one night after the pub, and we had a lovely night together, not having sex, but just cuddling and kissing etc. and he was very sweet.so then contact continued and he seemed very keen, the next week I got very drunk and cried on him, he thought it was a about him and went weird and basically stopped contact. I then went to a thing at his house about a week later, and stupidly ended up kissing someone else and he saw. I then stayed over at his house and we then spent another night together like the first, however in the morning it was awkward and not as nice. Since then he hasn't contacted me. I texted him yesterday and no reply. I don't know what to do, whether guys can just completely change their minds, whether he thinks I'm odd for crying, or whether he's offended about the other guy? I just feel like I made so many mistkaes and I want it to be how it was before, and wondering how to do that. Any advice would be so so helpful! Thanku all sorry its long! :)
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2007, 08:17 AM
    You probably scared him a bit, a bit to full on. So he's gone back into his hole, don't contact him for now, keep yourself busy so your not thinking about it. Don't push him as he will pull away. Give him some space and try calling in a week or two. If no response then get over it... It wasn't even a real relationship to start with, so don't take it to heart too much.
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Jun 7, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Crying... yeah that's the mistake you made. You made an emotional fool of yourself in front of someone who wanted to not get emotionally attached to you and that made him run... hey but you know what... now you can't do nothing to change his mind... but time will if you just stay patient and not overreact... then sure things might work. Take it easy for the time being... do something else.

Jun 7, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Thanks guys, so do you think it might work if I just leave it? And do you think texting him yesterday was a huge mistake? I mean it was only one text a week later?
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Don't try to over analyze things. Go to the cinema with friends, plan some things to look forward to and keep your mind busy and active, don't sit around thinking about it. Before bed read a book with a warm glass of milk so you don't think about the guy.

Yes leave it for the time being. Give him some space and see if anything happens, don't expect it to. If nothing happens in a few weeks then give him a call. Come here if you a need a hand with what to say in the call. But if no reply etc, just get on with your life. He was just one frog of many, your prince will come eventually...

Jun 7, 2007, 09:01 AM
    Yeah yeah I know don't analyse things! Yeah I will get over it, but the thing is I'm sure to see him in about a week or two anyway, and so how should I act? I already apologized for the crying and the getting with another guy, but now I think he must thnk I'm just emotional wreck! Sorry to be over analytical but??
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Be confident, bubbly, fun and happy and flirty :P
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Jun 7, 2007, 10:19 AM
    Too much thinking makes you feel vulnerable and you make more mistakes. When you will see him... act composed and indifferent to what has happened in the past... be normal... don't think now how you will act in future... you're not participating in a drama are you.. so just relax and let things flow on their own.
    Stunning07 Posts: 193, Reputation: 25

Jun 7, 2007, 11:15 AM
    You know in a relationship I've learned to... think with my brain, instead of my heart... in other words, your brain always tells you most of the time the right thing to do, but your heart is the one that makes you belieave what is right, which most of the time is wrong, I don't know if I make any sense?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 7, 2007, 12:00 PM
    I got very drunk
    Take care of this problem and you will at least stop making dumb mistakes. Nature will do the rest.

Jun 9, 2007, 01:05 AM
    OK so now I saw him at school yestrday and we just ignored each other.. hes always weird at skl anyway and he's a nervous shy awkward kind of person.. but it really hurt... do you think its just completely over? Please ansewr guys! Thanku!
    Expert

Jun 9, 2007, 04:09 AM
    I wouldn't waste time dwelling on what he feels, but as much as it hurts leave him alone. I think you messed up any chance you had by your actions.

Jun 17, 2007, 11:41 AM
    One last piece of advice needed please.. when we were getting together he asked me to go with him to this skl ball which is in like 2 weeks now, so now things are different I don't know whether we are still going... do you think I should email him and ask him casualy? Or not? Please answer!
    Expert

Jun 17, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Things have changed, Leaving him alone hasn't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We all make mistakes, and we all pay a price for it. [ 9 Answers ]

We all make mistakes, and we all pay a price for it.

Writing mistakes [ 32 Answers ]

What type of mistake is " very unique"? I think it's a mistake in style.

True man of many mistakes [ 4 Answers ]

Two weeks ago I told my wife of eight years that I haven’t been happy in our marriage for years and that I no longer loved her. I was truly one of the hardest things I have ever done. But let me start from the beginning. When my wife and I started dating things were OK but I really wasn’t happy...

Bush mistakes arrogance [ 2 Answers ]

There should be amply information on this request. Thanks

View more questions Search