Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amberlybub Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Hard lump on my daughter's shin
    I noticed a lump about two inches in length on my 12 year old daughter's shin... it is hard to the touch... she says it doesn't hurt... she is not limping, nor is she having difficulty running...
    I called her doctor, but can not get her in until next week... I know she is worried... and I am scared to death... is there anyone that might be able to give me some suggestions to what it may be?? I would so greatly appreciate any help... Thank you so much...
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2007, 07:43 AM
    Don't get so frightened yet wait on the, Doctor, she could have bumped her leg. I have 3 kids and this has happened to them, I would not be so worried. It could be just a pocket of fluid, that will burst under the skin without you ever realizing it. Im just a mom not a doctor though.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Can you get another doctor to scan it with an ultrasound? This would give a better clue-it may be a thrombosis-it needs urgent attention if it is this.

If you can't get to a doctor sooner, perhaps you could (check the allowable dose!! ) take a daily asprin tablet-there is a theory that this may reduce/prevent thrombosis.

I still think you need to see a doctor ASAP!-to exclude this as a potential problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump on my left shin. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have just found a lump on my left shin but on the inside of my leg. What could this be?? I cannot remember bumping my leg anywhere recently however I do play lots of different contact sports. I will of course go see my doctor but I was just wondering if anybody knew what this could...

Hard Lump [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there. I have a 13 yr old female cat who is prone to having warts on her back. About 4days ago, I discovered a hard lump on her back near the spine area. It seems to move with the skin, but is way too big and hard to be a wart. Could anyone help tell me what this might be?

My daughter's boyfriend [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter is pregnant and her boyfriend, the father of her baby is controlling verbaly abusive. They broke up last night and I'm glad. Will they get back together? Will he be at the birth? Will she give the baby his last name? Will he go away out of her and the baby's life forever? I hope!

Hard lump on cat [ 2 Answers ]

My cat Sam (11yr) developed a limp about a month ago, had it 2 years ago and came back last month. Over the last month a large lump has come up at the top of his front left leg and he as bad limp now. He had x-rays, blood work which they said was inclusive and what to aspirate the lump. The lump...

View more questions Search