Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jun 7, 2007, 06:17 AM
    Fire Ant Bites!
    A couple of days ago, I stepped into a fire ant mound that was on the side of my driveway. I didn't know they'd moved in and while I was emptying the groceries from my passenger side door, they were swarming my legs. I felt some tingling and looked down. Boy, did I freak out. Slappin' and swattin' like crazy. I kicked off my sandal (thankfully, I was not wearing shoes and socks!) It took awhile and I finally got them all off but not until after sustaining many severe bites. Now my feet and ankles look like they've got the measles.
    My question is what do I put on to relieve the itch.
    Going crazy not scratching!:o
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2007, 06:33 AM
    I would get cortizone cream. Benadryl is really good for itching. Take Advil to relieve the swelling.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jun 7, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Thanks! Good idea. I'm heading to the store...
    awilliamson38 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2009, 03:39 PM

I have had fire ant bites. The itching is the worst I have ever experienced. Someone told me to try hemorrhoidal cream or ointment. That has worked the best for my itching. Night time was the worst because the sheet kept rubbing them. I was also told not to burst the puss blisters because it could cause an infection. I have busted them open but then put rubbing alcohol on them to ward off any infections. Good luck and I hope you start getting releif soon.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2009, 11:31 PM
    Awww dang Captain what the heck are you doing? I hope you had bacon in one of those grocery bags... and I suppose you have already gotten your cortizone cream. You feeling any better my love? Hugs... poor you;)
    makapuu Posts: 304, Reputation: 63

Jul 4, 2009, 06:13 PM

Benedryl works wonders for the ant bites. I've heard that if you pour a packet of Equal sugar substitute on the ant mound, it kills the ants.
    marvelousjo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2012, 09:19 AM
    Lo and Behold, I was swarmed with red ant bites, ran to my medicine cabinet and saw tube that said relieves pain and intch immediately. So I rubbed this white cream on my feet and ankles only to find out it was Tronolane for Hemorroids, LOL and to boot expiration 2004. Well guess what, I stopped itching within 20 minutes, no little pustules ever appeared and no more itching. Forget all the insect bite remedies, from now on Tronolane hemorroid cream on insect bites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ant like creatures in a swedish highrise building [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there, I have an apartment on the seventh floor in a city in the south of Sweden. For the past 2 month I've been plagued by insects in my kitchen. Physically the insects look exactly like ants, although a little bit smaller than the typical ant. They're about 2 to 3 millimeters in length,...

Ant spray in the refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, During the last influx of ants I sprayed clove herbal non-toxic sray in the freezer to kill the ants that had crept in there. Well, the ants died and have stayed away, but the noxious taste of clove spray is on everything in the fridge and freezer. The stuff obviously got into the vent...

Samsum ant (pachycondyla) [ 3 Answers ]

I am writing this from Oman (in the middle east). I have an ant problem in my house that I acquired when I bought a couple of potted plants. I think it is the samsum ant (pachycondyla sennaarensis). It has a very painful stinger and gives my wife an urticarial reaction & sometimes a wheeze. I have...

View more questions Search