Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Souless Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 12:14 AM
    Low Calorie Diet .Why do I weigh so much
    I have a Calorie question... I am 25 I'm 5'10 and I weigh 225 pounds . I only eat like 950 calories a day. I drink Diet drinks and I have pretty much always eaten that amount of calories. I LOVE ramen noodles! I have them for breakfast, Lunch, and some times dinner. But I am still over wight. I recently Started Doing the exercise bike. I do it 3 times a week 1 hour a day And I wear a Sauna suit with a sweat s some times 2 lol and pants over I have lost weight But the Question is If I eat so little calories why do I Weigh so much? I know the whole "carb" thing with the noodles but With me ONLY eating noodles could they really make me gain this much weight?
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Your doing a number of things wrong, and once corrected your'll see results. First you are not eating enough calories, and eating those floured, salty soup based noodles are the worst. If you don't eat enough calories your body responds by slowing metabolism, When fat cells are less metabolically active then muscle cells, they burn less calories. You need to eat at least 1,000 calories a day, or your body goes into starvation mode, hoarding each calorie. A small reduction in calories 10-15% is going to protect lean muscle and less likey to slow metabolim down. (Metabolism is the process your body converts calories from food into energy). You need to eat a healthy brkfast like any wheat or oat cereal with low fat or skim milk and some fruit or yogurt, Eat veggies like spinach, lettuce, zucchini, celery, cukes, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, yams carrots Oatbran or wheat bread, brown rice, beans, black, kidney or white beans, Fruits like 1 med apple, grapes, pears, strawberries, plums. Try and eat protein with every meal, fish, shicken breast, turkey breast tofu, lentils, beans, egg whites. Portion control, a serving of meat is 3 ounces, 1 cup of milk, etc. read nutritional labels and stick to one serving sizes. Cut out the soda, even diet, drink lots of ice cold water throughout the day, it's a habit that's easy to pick up! OK your on the bike, how about adding walking to it try and work up to 1 mile a couple of days a week. You need to add more to your exercise program, like resistance training/weights, some cardio, vary the programs every week, and work out for at least 30 minutes. If you try this your going to see results.
    1busymaniam Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

Jun 8, 2007, 09:37 PM
    Souless ,
    We can do something with you!! I love the sauna suit but you should only use it 2-3 times a week and only 20 minutes at a time . So glad to read that you use it! Now drink water 5-6 liters every 24 hours . The bike is good but not for an hour . Add some jump rope , jog , stairs , etc . All these can be done in 2-5 minute intervals . Maybe shorten your new routine to 40 -45 minutes but try 5 times a week ?
    At 5'10" you are so close to shapely and you know it !
    Good luck... Russell
    Dellamortia Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 13, 2011, 07:56 AM
    First of all, it isn't how you are eating, it's what you are eating. I would like to suggest the lifestyle change that my boyfriend and I made recently. We have both been losing a lot of weight consistently and neither of us is dieting. We never feel hungry, either, which is really important.

1. Eat as many whole foods as possible. Avoid packaged food as much as you can. Stick to meats, cheese, nuts, vegetables, and fruit. Do not limit how much you eat, just what you eat. I was afraid this course would be too expensive, but you would be surprised how economical it can be. I also add one glass of green tea in the morning.

2. Try to consume only whole grains and limit white breads, white rice, white tortillas, raman, and regular potatoes. If you love some of these things, by all means, eat them, just try to eat less and fill up on the meat and veggies instead. Stick to oats, whole wheat breads, etc. There are varieties out there that actually taste good, it's just a matter of finding them. The more fiber the better.

3. Only eat sugar or carbonated beverages one day a week. I am an avid sweet tooth, so this was really hard for me, but I have been surprised at how well it works. On your sugar day, eat whatever you want. Go crazy. I actually get excited now thinking about what I am going to eat on my free day. Now, I understand that there will be times when someone shows up with donuts, cookies, cake, etc. and it won't be your sugar day. In that case, don't feel bad, eat one cookie or a very small piece of cake. Eat it slow, savor every bite, then move on and wait for your sugar day. Also, keep some apples or oranges on the counter, and when you really want something sweet, eat one. Eventually, I found that I preferred the fruit to the sweets, even on my free day.

4. There is a great website that I started using to get the ball rolling. I had no idea how to begin, because I was so used to eating quick, packaged meals. The site is modernmenus.com. The nutritionist gives you 5 meals per week and there are plenty of leftovers after. If you are struggling with eating right, it may help. The best part, it's totally free and you don't even have to register on the site.

Eating this way offered me other benefits that never would have expected, too. My mood changed and I have become a lot more laid back and happy, and I have a lot more energy. I hope this is helpful and you can use some of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calorie intake [ 6 Answers ]

What is the safest but the least amount of calories you should have daily. I have been cutting down my calorie intake to about 500 to 700 calorie for the last couple days. Im not sure if I should be eatting more but 1000 calories seems like a lot -- and I'm trying to lose weight. Anyhelp would be...

Low carb diet [ 8 Answers ]

Hi! I've been preparing to go on a low carb diet;but most of the recipes I find that need a flour are calling for all kinds of nut flours eg;almond etc. I'm ALLERGIC to NUTS! Is there any alternative?Got to get off the refined white flour. Thanks Robin

Can Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi ruined your diet? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, Iam Writing To You Because Iam One Of Those People That Have Been Trying To Lose Some Pounds.. I Have Been Cutting Off The Sweets, Fatting And Anything Else That Gains Weight.. I Also Have Been Doing Exercise.. my Only Question Is If Diet Coke Gains Weight Even Though If Its Diet?. My...

Calorie Chart [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, I am confused with my daily calorie intake. I am 5'4" tall weighing about 74 Kg. Please suggest me with a calorie chart and exercises. Thank you,

Calorie counting [ 1 Answers ]

This might be a silly question but you won't know unless you ask,too count calories do you add up calories+calories from fat+carbs+sodium... this always puzzled me.Or do you add everything that stores fat from the nutrient fact chart?

View more questions Search