Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jeff Logan Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2007, 05:33 PM
    America In 2007:
    Please give me your opinion of the intellectual and cultural climate of the United States at this time (June, 2007).

Jeff
    Pook_Myster Posts: 117, Reputation: 38

Jun 6, 2007, 10:13 PM
    Such a broad question. I am not American, I do not live in America, but I would like still to offer my opinion - briefly.

Intellectual - well, if the President is setting and kind of precident then it ain't looking good for you! Idiot Idiot Idiot - Bring back Clinton yesterday! If Bush spent as much time trying to achieve peace as he did flexing his ugly-old biceps at the rest of the civilised world in a show of his mighty strength and power - then the world would be a better place. America is a world power - no surprises there, and nothing to prove. Wouldn't it be wonderful to think that the American Government would use their power to create peace in the world. Emotions such as revenge and hatred have no place in society and by demonstrating it we are teaching the next generation to accept it. I often tell my parents that I am never having children because I am scared of the world that I am leaving them behind in - Terrorism (Bush is a terrorist too - don't get me started - war on terror... BullSh*t!), Global Warming, Corporate Greed - we will breed ourselves out of existence by instilling these qualities in the next generation and I refuse to play part to that.

Cultural Climate - America has no culture - I do not speak of each individual American - I have nothing against American people, but I a strong dislike for Bush and associates.

Bring on 2009 - Hail President Hilary, or Obama - hell - Daffy Duck, Micky Mouse - anyone is better that that idiot you call President at the moment.

In Australia we have a television show called 20 to 1 - a countdown show that changes weekly - 20 to 1 of best Australian Movies, or Sporting Moments. My partner and I often laugh that the cock-ups of Bush could fill the hour-long prime-time slot alone. 20 to 1 of the worst cock ups of the worlds most powerful leader!
    artdeskinc Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Jun 8, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Your question, "Please give me your opinion of the intellectual and cultural climate of the United States at this time (June, 2007)".

Just to answer your question, lets separate the "intellectual climate" into the two general categories of "apriori" and empirical".

Empirically, technology and the technical sciences have advanced to a point where the laymen cannot even comprehend their meaning (the actual applications of the use of these technologies). I myself, cannot even use a modern cellular telephone to its' full capacity and capabilities - and I am a movie producer.

Culturally, or if you will, using an ".

Empirically, technology and the technical sciences have advanced to a point where the laymen cannot even comprehend their meaning (the actual applications of the use of these technologies). I myself, cannot even use a modern cellular telephone to its' full capacity and capabilities - and I am a movie producer.

Culturally, or if you will, using an " definition to answer your question about the climate- I ask you, "Are referring to everyone?" definition to answer your question about the climate- I ask you, "Or are you referring only to people buying into what is being sold to them by the modern media?". "civilized".

I will explain to you, that this world - this earth - is much the same as it was a century ago. This means, if you truly want to escape from civilization, there are still places you can go to. The places in America that do fit the description of "decline" - my recommendation is to bring lots of money when visiting these places.

If you are asking about culture in America - in relation to church, family and country - this society is in decline. According to me. But this does not mean there is not hope.

I use the word "You buy into everything popular culture is wanting to sell you". Decline from what? I ask you. From the 60s? You must have a frame of reference to answer these things. If you want, compare our society - today- to Greek or to Roman models. If you do not know what I am talking about - my recommendation is to go get yourself a good education.

Now, if for instance: "turn on your television".

Phil
    Jeff Logan Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jun 8, 2007, 06:02 PM
    In the coming century, by default or design, we will constrain the breadth and future evolutionary complexity of life on Earth. The default scenario will surely include ever more pest-and-weed dominated landscapes, the extinction of most, if not all, large vertebrates, and a continuing struggle to slow the loss of biodiversity. That being said, we'll never rid ourselves of the SOCIOPATH!

Jeff

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Only in America [ 5 Answers ]

Only in America 1. Only in America... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance. 2. Only in America... are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink. 3. Only in America... do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their...

Bank of America Overpayment [ 3 Answers ]

Apologies in advance for long post. So my story is I gave notice rather abruptly at Bank of America when I worked in their customer service dept. I'm not 100% positive of the date but I believe it was May 23rd of this year. Anyway, my last paycheck from them was a full check which surprised me....

How many Generals are in America? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to find out how many Generals serve in America? Thanks in advance.

Jungles of South America [ 1 Answers ]

Is quicksand found in the Jungle?

View more questions Search