Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miabran Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Medical billing
    I was convicted of a theft by deception felony 3 years ago. I am currently in school for medical billing and coding, I just want to know if I should even bother going. Would I be able to find a job with this felony on my record?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 6, 2007, 04:50 PM
    It is hard to say as every hospital and doctors office has their own regulations. I will say though, that many if not most hospitals will not hire someone with any form of felony on their record.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 25, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Ditto J_9
    Everyone will be different when looking at potential employees. Don't talk yourself out of school though... if you want a job billing/coding, that's the way to get it! Get state certified as soon as you are done... those billers are harder to come by and make more $$.
    huggies20 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Do the medical & billing job from your home

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Purchase Billing Law [ 2 Answers ]

This is a bit of an odd scenario. I just received an invoice from a company I made a small purchase from 2 years ago stating that I owe the amount of my purchase. I called them, unable to figure out why I was being billed, but they claim they tried to charge my card which had since expired. It...

Overdue billing [ 3 Answers ]

I ordered dishes with a no payment for five months option. I received the bill about Jan. 20, the day before it was due. I phoned and said it would be late, since I just got the bill. It took 3 weeks to get to me. They said there would be a charge ($35) for being overdue. Should I be held...

View more questions Search