Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mailtovasu3 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Visa requirements to visit Niagara Falls, ON Canada
    Hi,

I am on H1 B visa working in USA, planning to visit Niagara falls, ON, Canada.

Can any one suggest do I need to get a Visitor / TRV (Temporary Resident visa) to visit Niagara Falls at ON, Canada?

If any one know information about immigration laws around that Travel are welcome.

Thanks & Regards,
    Srini
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 11:32 AM
    You won't have any problems entering Canada as long as you have your passport and can prove that you are working in the US. Visitors can come and go as long as the border officer doesn't have any reason to suspect you are trying to enter illegally. However if you are from one of the countries listed at the link below you may need to apply for a visitor visa. However, there again there are expemtions, if you have a green card or have obtained permanent residence in the US you don't need one.

You might want to also check if you are allowed to enter the US, leave and return while on a working visa, but I would think this would be fine.

CIC Canada | Countries/Territories Requiring Visas
    mailtovasu3 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for response, I checked link provided by you.

I am from India, and India is listed in countries... so I need to get a visit visa before visiting Canada.

Thanks for quick response,
    Srini
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 12:07 PM
    Hi,

No problem, then yes, it seems like you do need to apply for the visitor permit. There may be an exception because you have a US worker visa but from my understanding it is a case by case review.

Your best bet is to contact the closest Canadian consulate and ask or just apply for the visa to be safe.
    shailpatel83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 02:51 PM
    Hey Srini,

Did you need canada visitor visa to travel to niagra fall? I am also planning to go there this summer. I just wanted to check with you because you have gone through that.

Please keep me posted.

Thanks
    Shailesh

Quote Originally Posted by mailtovasu3 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for response, I checked link provided by you.

I am from India, and India is listed in countries...... so I need to get a visit visa before visiting Canada.

Thanks for quick response,
    Srini

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Niagara Falls! Where Does All This Water Come From? [ 10 Answers ]

RE: NIAGARA FALLS: My Son wants to know from where does all this water come? How does it continue to fall like this? And where does it go - why is there no flooding?

Visa for entering US from Canada [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am on OPT with F1 visa right now. The company I am working for asks me to attend a conference in Canada for 3 to 4 days. I wonder whether I need to apply visa for entering US for this trip. Thank you.

How does an X felon visit Canada legally? [ 3 Answers ]

I am writing for a friend of mine, both of us are interested in eventually purchasing property in Canada together. I have a misdemeanor for being an environmental activist performing an illegal act; my friend is a released felon for selling marijuana several years ago. My friend told me he...

VISA to Canada? [ 1 Answers ]

Since I am brazilian, living in the US, and now I know I need a Visa to go to Canada, even if I depart from the US, is there any chances to apply for a Visa to Canada in the US? How can I do that? Thank you... :)

Visa do Canada! [ 1 Answers ]

I am brazilian, living in the U.S. with a F1 Visa, and If I decide to visit Canada, do I need a Visa? Since I am not american, and if I was in Brazil, I know they require Visa to go to Canada, if you depart from Brazil... Do I need Visa departing from the U.S. Thank you

View more questions Search