Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gibles01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2005, 05:29 AM
    Leaky PVC thread
    I filled my hot tub yesterday only to find out I have a leak where the PVC inlet to the water pump meet. The PVC pipe snugs up against the pump intake. The PVC has a threaded cap that fits over the pump threads. I used teflon tape and some plumbers putty to try and seal the threads but no luck. The leak tends to stop when the pump is on. Is there something else I can use to seal this leak. I'm pretty sure it's in the threads somewhere. Thanks.
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2005, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gibles01
    I filled my hot tub yesterday only to find out I have a leak where the PVC inlet to the water pump meet. The PVC pipe snugs up against the pump intake. The PVC has a threaded cap that fits over the pump threads. I used teflon tape and some plumbers putty to try and seal the threads but no luck. The leak tends to stop when the pump is on. Is there something else I can use to seal this leak. I'm pretty sure it's in the threads somewhere. Thanks.
    Are you able to completely remove the threaded cap? There is a liquid form of the tape that you can find at the hardware store that can be useful in place of the tape (not the welding type). If you can't get it sealed, consider sawing it off and capping it with a fitting using the PVC chemical weld sealant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Update on past thread [ 4 Answers ]

I was here about 4 or so months ago I had a question about my dogs weight I thought he was underweight and some of you even asked me if I wanted my dog for fightting well the updates are that my dog is a 75lbs dog he is very healthy and no I don't use him for fight I have some pictures of him but I...

View more questions Search