Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 08:34 AM
    Debt Collection Practices: When Hardball Tactics Go Too Far
    Very good information about debt collectors and what you can do about them.

Dealing with a debt collector can be one of life's most stressful experiences. Harassing calls, threats, and use of obscene language can drive you to the edge. What's worse, a collector may embarrass you by contacting your employer, family or neighbors. You may even be hounded to pay a debt that is not rightfully yours. Sure, collection agencies have a job to do. Even so, there are limits on how far a debt collector can go.

Link:
    Debt Collection Practices: When Hardball Tactics Go Too Far

Check out some similar questions!

Debt Collection [ 1 Answers ]

I am being asked to pay a debt that is 15 years old. In 1992 I supposedly asked for assistance from social assistance to get money while awaiting for unemployment insurance. I have received a letter form social assistance asking for over 3000.00 dollars. I spoke to the woman who sent me the letter...

Debt collection [ 3 Answers ]

Wondering if there was a time limit a business can collect on a debt. I received a bill from and urgent care facility from jan. 3, 2005. All this time thought insurance pd it. Now we don't even have the same insurance company they said it cannot be sent to secondary because primary did not respond...

KY, collection agency practices [ 12 Answers ]

Last year, I was contacted by a lawyer I have never heard of in the next town about a few small old bills that didn't get paid, threatening to get a judgement. Total of around $1200. I wrote him back and said that I did not dispute the bills, and that I would pay $150 per month until they were...

Collection debt [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am wondering if I have a collection bill in the states but live in canada can I still travel in the states. I got screwed over there in California and feel ripped off but really want to still travel in the states . Thanks for any help

Fair Debt Collection practices? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there, I had a summons served to me from a debt collector. I answered it at the court and feel confident about that part. I filed 2 things with the court. One, being an answer to the summons and two being the letter that I sent the debt collector after receiving the summons asking them to...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.