Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KimmieC Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 06:51 AM
    To the people who have poor bus manners?
    I never understand why people on the bus or train never use their brains,much less manners to exit out the back door of the bus? Why are you going to squeeze your smelly body through a crowd of people just to go out the front door? Come on people! Can anyone relate?
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

Jun 6, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Because they are a bunch of idiots. Their should be enforcement, this way every one has to follow the rules. It's the same thing, if they have no money then they can't ride the bus.

When a lot of complaints get to the management, then they will do something about it.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Kimmie, I used to use the buses in Manhattan all the time. I worked down there for 15 years. Hated the cattle drive of it all. Hated strangers touching me. But, you have to understand that the drivers have a schedule they must stick to. They need to be on time or else too many late arrivals and departures from stops will get them fired. They are monitored all the time. When they leave the station and when they arrive back at the station, times are noted. There are "quality control" people who are hired by both the City & State to get on as passengers and report what they experience. If a driver is delayed too many times, or mishandling his route against the normal rules, he will be fired. It is a very precise system with a lot of checks and double checks. I cannot tell you how many times I had bus drivers close a door in my face because they had a schedule they needed to stick to and I was running to catch the bus. I just waited for the next one that came along in a few minutes. As long as I was standing and waiting to board, they were usually pretty good about allowing everyone who was obviously waiting, to get on the bus.

When you have so many people taking public transportation as you do in NYC, they need to use both the back exit and the front exit to get off the bus in a timely way. The normal etiquette is to wait politely for everyone to disembark, then everyone waiting, boards the bus. That is considered standard bus routine & etiquette. You are not supposed to block either exit and try to get on while people are trying to get off. So, crowding around the entrance and forcing people to push their way off the bus, is the fault of the people waiting, not the ones getting off. Sorry, I can't be in agreement with your dilemma. I usually was left standing on the bus because I never put myself in a position to be pushed or touched by anyone with a "smelly body."
    help2many Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2007, 08:00 AM
    Agreed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preschooler-poor table manners [ 5 Answers ]

I run a small preschool, and I have a new student, he is 3 1/2 years old. He is a very, very slow eater, and he does not eat very much at meals. But while he is eating he rocks back and forth, is constantly moving, opens his mouth to show me what he has chewed, he also talks a lot and plays...

Dead passengers on bus [ 2 Answers ]

The driver of the bus takes the passengers back one last time to things left undone on earth

South Asian Manners [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, this is in no way meant to be a racist thread, I am genuinly curious about this... I've noticed that the majority of posts coming from this area of the World are devoid of any manners, i.e. they do not say please or thank you. The posts are like "I WANT THIS ANSWER, I WANT IT NOW" ...

Bus fares [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know - in fiscal year end (June 06) if a field trip occurs in July 06 and advance is made to individual in June 06 - individual purchases bus fares for field trip on June 30, 06. Do we have an expense in June or July.

View more questions Search