Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lorin_nicole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 06:08 AM
    Give up my rights to my child
    My ex husband wants to give up his rights to our daughter. How does he go about signing all his rights over.
    jarinicole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lorin_nicole
    My ex husband wants to give up his rights to our daughter. How does he go about signing all his rights over.
    If you find out let me know. I did find out you can get the forms online and then both of you sign them I just can not seem to find the sight I need.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 6, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Why do you want him to? Why does he want to? As mentioned in several similar threads, giving up parental rights does not remove obligations. He would still be responsible for child support.

Unless you are looking to have the step father adopt or there are issues of abuse there really is no need for this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Give up rights to a child--still pay child support? [ 11 Answers ]

I live in Florida and have a question about giving up the rights to a child that has been determined by DNA testing. If rights are given up, does that parent still have to pay child support?

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Can the father or my child give up his rights without me saying OK? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 11 weeks pregnant and the father of my child and I are not together because whenever I told him I was pregnant he wanted me to get an abortion and I told him no. Now he doesn't want to be with me and he is telling everyone he is going to sign over his rights whenever the baby is born. I have a...

How do I give up my rights for my adopted child [ 4 Answers ]

My ex-girlfriend and I adopted a child two years ago and since that time she has refused to let me see the child. I have went to court and gotten a court order but she has refused to follow it. She has know accused me of using drugs among other things. She lies consistently. She has taken me to...

How can I give up my rights to a child? [ 5 Answers ]

This girl I was with a while back is saying that I fathered her child. Well I really don't want anything to do with this child because of her mother and the harassment she puts on me and my family.. how can I go about giving up my rights?

View more questions Search