Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Loretta3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 04:39 AM
    Tranfer my probation to another state
    I want to move to another state and I would like to know how I would go about tranferring my probation.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2007, 05:12 AM
    Hello L:

This is what I have posted on the matter in the past.

---------------------------------------

Ask your PO to supply you with the WRITTEN policy and procedures manual for his department. In it, you'll find a paragraph about transferring probation. By asking, he'll know that you want to transfer, so he's not going to be surprised when he receives your request. This whole thing is about avoiding surprises.

Next; don't go yourself, but get a job and a place to live in the other state. Write the probation agency that will be doing your supervision. Introduce yourself. Tell them about your job, and your place to live. Tell them about your crime and how sorry you are. Tell them that you are about to request a transfer, and wanted to give them a heads up.

Then, make your request in writing to your present PO. Having read the rules, you'll KNOW that you meet the criteria. Therefore, in your application, DON'T ASK!! TELL them that you meet the criteria for transfer according to rule such and such... cite the rule.

A request formed in that manner will be awfully hard to turn down. If it IS turned down, you've got your ducks all lined up for an appeal.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transfer of Probation within the State [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been involved in a long process leading up to his trial, and through all this we have learned that the success rate in Johnson County, Kansas for individuals on probation is ridiculously low. Neither of us have enough money saved up to just up and move to another state, but...

Can probation be moved from state to state [ 8 Answers ]

If on probation can you move your probation to another state or do you have to stay in the state that you have probation in.

Tranfer of nj probation [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to tranfer probation to another state where there is work and housing promised,rather than live on public assistance in a rooming house.

Violation of probation while in another state? [ 1 Answers ]

I was ticketed for possession of marijuana in California and I am on probation in the state of Washington. All I had in the car was a little nug not even worth 5 dollars and it wasn't even mine, it was my roommates. Will this affect my probation in Washington? I'm really stressed about this...

Violation of probation while in another state? [ 1 Answers ]

I was given a traffic ticket for possession of marijuana in California and I am on probation in the state of Washington. All I had in the car was a little nug not even worth 5 dollars and it wasn't even mine, it was my roomates. Will this affect my probation in Washington? I'm really stressed...

View more questions Search