Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GMockler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2005, 06:38 PM
    Sewage Pump/Tank/Toilet Problem?
    I have a downstairs bathroom connected to a tank with a pump to move sewage up & out to our septic system. When the toilet is flushed, the water drains slowly, the bowl almost fills completely and the sink & toilet both start to gurgle & bubble. The drain line from the washing machine sink is connected to the vent so I disconnected the drain at the vent, as I thought maybe it was a venting problem. I also eeled down into the tank. This didn't make any difference even with the connection left open.
    I then opened the clean-out at the sewage pipe where it goes through the basement wall, thinking that maybe there was some blockage - everything was fine.
    Could there be a problem with the toilet drain to the tank? Would the sink line be connected to the toilet line? My next thought is to remove the toilet & see if I can eel a problem out of this line -- I'm hoping for some help as the last time I did this I cracked the bowl & had to buy a new toilet.
    Also, all the upstairs drains are working normally - so I figure it must have something to do with the tank/pump/toilet in the basement.
    Thanks for any help.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 27, 2005, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GMockler
    I have a downstairs bathroom connected to a tank with a pump to move sewage up & out to our septic system. When the toilet is flushed, the water drains slowly, the bowl almost fills completely and the sink & toilet both start to gurgle & bubble. The drain line from the washing machine sink is connected to the vent so I disconnected the drain at the vent, as I thought maybe it was a venting problem. I also eeled down into the tank. This didn't make any difference even with the connection left open.
    I then opened the clean-out at the sewage pipe where it goes through the basement wall, thinking that maybe there was some blockage - everything was fine.
    Could there be a problem with the toilet drain to the tank? Would the sink line be connected to the toilet line? My next thought is to remove the toilet & see if I can eel a problem out of this line -- I'm hoping for some help as the last time I did this I cracked the bowl & had to buy a new toilet.
    Also, all the upstairs drains are working normally - so I figure it must have something to do with the tank/pump/toilet in the basement.
    Thanks for any help.
    I'd bet the farm that when you checked the lavatory vent you would find it clogged. Check it and tell me if I'm right. Regards, Tom
    GMockler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2005, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    I'd bet the farm that when you checked the lavatory vent you would find it clogged. Check it and tell me if I'm right. Regards, Tom
    Turned out to be some blockage from the line to the tank in the basement and debris on the pump float that stopped the toilet from flushing properly. (Meanwhile I removed the toilet & didn't break it - but when eeling the drain line from the basement shower, the line disconnected from the tank & had to get a plumber in to open the tank & re-connect. Thankfully I didn't need to break the concrete to get at the pipe.)
    pauline776 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2010, 07:45 AM
    I have the same problem and have already checked the vent and the float has been adjusted.
    Could the blender/macerator be too small? What next

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewage Smell From Toilet [ 9 Answers ]

I really hope someone can help me here... I think my husband and I have tried EVERYTHING! We have a sewar smell coming from our toilet. We have a concrete floor and the carpet has been removed. We have replaced the wax ring 3 times. We have caulked the falange and the smell still broke through....

Sewage Ejector Pump in a Basement [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all I am new to this board so forgive me if this has already been asked. I am in the process of adding a basement to our basement. We have a septic system with the discharge pipe about 3 feet above the floor. Several questions. I want to add a Toilet, sink and tub. What all has to be vented....

Speedball1... Sewage pump location? [ 6 Answers ]

Speedball1, So I'm ready to connect the 4" ABS sewage line from out of the converted garage foundation to the Zoeller 910-0005 pump and wondered how far away I should place the pump from the cottage and whether there should be a cleanout between it and the cottage and if so, what kind? ...

Toilet tank [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I needed a new toilet tank and I've put it on the bowl. My problem is now when it is flushed, the flapper will not stay open long enough to drain water from bowl. When the lever is pulled, the flapper opens water starts to leave the tank, but then the flapper closes and the tank fills back...

Replaced sewage pump [ 2 Answers ]

Please tell me its going to be ok… I found my pump for the septic was bad . It would keep popping the circuit breaker. The tank it was in looks 4 feet wide and 7 feet deep. I would say it had 4 feet of water. I am guessing but I would say the pump was out for at least 2 weeks. After I replaced it...

View more questions Search