Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tnborden Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2005, 05:13 PM
    Lawn Chief riding mower
    Two wires got disconnected from our riding lawnmower.
    I need to know where the 2 red wires are supposed to go. The longer red wire is hooked to the key or kill switch and the shorter red wire is hooked to the solenoid. I think the shorter wire is for ground. The mfg. # is 0048 and the model # is 5-525 built in the mid to late 80's. Any help would be great :)
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2005, 08:02 PM
    Well, one thing here, is does it start and run properly. If it does but doesn't cut off, it's the kill wire. For a quick fix, just pop the wire off to cut it off.
    rider6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 04:31 PM
    I have a lawn chief riding mower model 12-39 that sticks in gear and will not shift. What's up
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Have you gotten it running yet?
    chpalm Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 05:50 PM
    What do I have to click on to find an answer to my question about a lawn chief riding mower from mowerman..? Somehow I'm going in circles... Please help... chpalm
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2007, 06:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chpalm
    What do I have to click on to find an answer to my question about a lawn chief riding mower from mowerman..?? Somehow I'm going in circles.....Please help....chpalm
    I have been sick, and still am. But I am here today.
    Bobdon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 06:50 AM
    I have a Lawn chief 400 riding mower. It won't shift gears. What could be preventing this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mtd riding lawn mower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi every one I have a very old mtd riding lawn mower that my mother gave me but it keeps throwing the drive belt. My mother thinks that the way she was putting the belt on is wrong does any one know how the belt should go on its about a 1986 model mower.

Craftsman 14.5 hp riding lawn mower [ 3 Answers ]

I bought it used it seemed OK,but now I have loss of power.I NOW have a brand new battery.What can I do to the engine or carburator to fix problem?How do I properly adjust carb?Should I overhaul the engine?I haven't found a rebuild kit for my B&S engine(14.5) Any help would be great.Somone told me...

Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower Warranty [ 4 Answers ]

I am planning to purchase a Craftsman 4000 Riding Lawn Mower, and am wondering if it is worth the money to purchase the 3 year extended warranty? Can anyone advise?

Riding lawn mower [ 6 Answers ]

I have 1/2 acre of lawn and wish to replace an old Craftsman mower. Sears advertises a 17-HP Kohler Pro engine, 42 inch lawn tractor for $1200.00. Is this a good value, and do you recommend Craftsman lawn tractors? Thanks!

View more questions Search