Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mely02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Plumbing Terms
    What is the term take- off?? Also the term Fixture carrier and fixture rough??
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 05:32 PM
    I am not sure what you are referring to in the way of plumbing talk but in the entire building industry take-off means to read the blue prints and make a material list of what is going to be needed to do the job, it means other things but that is the main thing.

The only fixture carrier I can think of is a support that you put in the wall to support a commode or a lavatory, the carrier for a wall hung commode is also a part of the plumbing.

Fixture rough, I think would refer to the way that you would lay out and install you pipes for the (rough-in) portion of the job, next would come the Top-out and then the would be the set-out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solve in terms of n [ 6 Answers ]

Hi All, I have this equation. f=c((1+r)^n + \frac{(1+r)^{n+1}-(1+r)}{r}) I'm trying to solve in terms of n (i.e. making n the subject of the formula. Does anyone have any idea how this can be done? Thanks a lot.

Credit terms [ 3 Answers ]

I just had a quick question about selling merchandise on credit. If a buyer sold merch on credit for $7,000, terms 2/10, 1/15, n/30; With 700 units at $5 each I just wanted to know what would be the COGS and Inv. I think it would be in the $3,000's

What has worked the best for you in terms of getting over your ex? [ 15 Answers ]

I know that many of us have been through bad breakups lately and I thought it would help everyone, myself included, to have lots of readily available information, advice, stories, or tips on what things have helped people here to get over their exes all in one post. It could even be printed out and...

Nautical terms [ 4 Answers ]

Any site for the nautical terms n its history(in brief)?

Accountancy Terms [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between an Invoice and a Bill?

View more questions Search