Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dietrich_mikowski Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2005, 06:28 AM
    Shaving blues!
    Hello all,

Came across this site so I thought I'd get my oar in on the action. Why is shaving is such a friggin' nightmare?? Most people seem to get away with no problems, but me... OK, here's my issue.

I'm in my third year of uni, and up till now, have been able to be quite lazy when it comes to shaving the mug, but it's coming to the point when I may need to shave every day of the week! The problem is, when I do try to shave every day it's like a blood fest from a horror film. It's OK when I shave for the first time after say about a week, my face is as smooth as a babies bum, but if I try shaving the next day, there's a rash like you wouldn't believe, and cuts all over my neck.

I have tried nearly everything I can think of! Even veet!! Shave with the grain, shave against the grain, you name it! All the products you can think of are stored in my bathroom, and none of them help!! Any help would be much appreciated here...
    jimdarling Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2005, 08:13 PM
    A possible suggestion
    My husband used to use a Mach 3 razor and shaving cream, but getting ready to shave was, as he worded it, "a pain in the butt." He switched to an electric razor here a little while ago simply for the convenience of it. (Bonus: You can't be cut with this.) He said that the only downside is that he has to go over an area a few times with the electric to get it all. You would probably want to invest in a good electric razor, and you should be able to return it to the store if it really doesn't work out for you. I hope this will help you out. Good luck!
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2005, 08:21 AM
    Shaving
    Hi,
    I agree with trying an Electric razor; can't cut you.
    You might also look for razor, like a Gillette Good News, a disposable razor.
    They do not shave "deep", and I have had good luck with them for years.
    But, if a regular blade razor won't work, your only choice is the electric razor.
    The Norelco 3-blade cutters are not as hard on the skin as other brands.
    You might also read up on Electric Razor reviews, by doing a search on http://www.google.com, typing in "electric razor reviews", without quotes, then click on Search.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blues [ 4 Answers ]

My wife has used my credit card and has previously been making payments on it, basically its her card and , (at least as far as our household is concerned). Recently she failed to make the appropriate payments and now the card is passed due. I contacted the company and asked if they could lower the...

Crown blues [ 2 Answers ]

I have had two crowns placed with root canal one three weeks ago and aonther 6 weeks. They both feel unconfortable especially when chewing and my gums are still soar. Were they fitted right are should I give it time to get use to them. They really bother me since he shaved my tooth down. I'm not...

Bad guy blues [ 19 Answers ]

Hello, I have suffered yet another bad relationship with a guy and all I can really say is men are idiots. I feel really crumby and I need help on feeling better. So yea, for this thread I am not asking for advice(but if you got some let me have it please) what I am asking for is all those...

Main bathroom blues! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there! I went to turn on my hot water from my bathroom sink and the darn thing spat or sputtered at me; almost like a gurgling popping sound. :confused: It's a double tab sink. Since then I've had no or very little, a trinkle of hot or cold water coming from the tabs. The toilet is not as...

View more questions Search