Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KURT WITTE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Concrete construction
    I recently poured a garage floor. I have some acne (real bad) and would like to know the best and most durable way to patch these scars. The area is about 40 sq ft and some scars are about 1.5 in deep(yea, it got away from me).
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 5, 2007, 02:33 PM
    LOL I read this as you had acne from pouring the cement. Okay, have my head straight. I am on vacation from a really stressful job, so go figure !

I think you will have to rent a sander to remove the rough spots, or just wait till it wears away but you had better park your cars outside till it gets taken care of.

Okay, I may be a woman but have a bit of experience dealing with cement from time to time because my husband absolutely will not.
    KURT WITTE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 02:55 PM
    No, acne is a pockmark not a pimple!
    Expert

Jun 5, 2007, 04:58 PM
    To be on the serious side, cement contact, time after time, is not good for your skin, it is very toxic, that's why the danger signs on the package.
    Expert

Jun 7, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Actually, my friend, acne causes the pockmark.
    serendipity pools Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Jun 20, 2007, 07:16 AM
    If this were my garage floor I would add a skim coat over top of the pock marked concrete. You will need to bond the new concrete to the old following these steps:

1) Wet existing concrete thoroughly
    2) Add bonding slurry over existing concrete
    3) While slurry is still wet add your new concrete layer (minimum of 1/2 inch thickness)
    4) Trowel smooth

The slurry mix is just a portland cement and water mix - you can add a liquid concrete bonding agent to the slurry as well for enhanced bonding characteristics. The bonding agent can be purchased as "weld-bond" or many other brand names. Essentially it is just regular carpenters glue. Be careful as the slurry will set up very fast if you have the bonding agent in it so be ready to get rolling once you have the slurry mixed.

Good luck with your project, I hope this information helps.

Steve Goodale
    Serendipity Pools

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Construction on concrete slab [ 3 Answers ]

I have a rather large garage (30' x 30') with a concrete slab floor. I want to build a laundry room and bathroom in one corner of the garage. Are there problems I may encounter in doing this?

Pouring concrete floor--new construction [ 2 Answers ]

To prefice my question; my wife and I began new house construction a couple of months ago on a house with a walkout basement. We've got the walls poured and the underfloor plumbing in and the sand prepped to have the concrete floor poured. It has been raining non stop and it seems as if the sand...

Concrete Block Wall Construction [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking at putting in a cinder block wall (50' x 6'). It is in Calif. And in a no freeze area. What is needed for the footing? Depth, width, filler, and re-bar? I think that it needs to be 12" deep and 16" wide with 6" of crushed rock as the base, not sure on the re-bar requirement. How...

New construction [ 1 Answers ]

We are building a new townhouse in Virginia. Would you recommend copper or pvc piping throughout the home and why. Thank you...

Construction [ 1 Answers ]

How much does it cost to build a parliament in a developing country?

View more questions Search