Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Possible break in
    I want to get outside opinions, we came home Sunday after being gone all evening and our front door was unlocked (we think) and our balcony door was open. The only thing missing was our cat (a rare breed of siamese with no tail). Were not sure if we should report anything to the police. Were in an apartment and the cat stayed inside so I don't know how anyone could have entered with the purpose of stealing just a cat, or known we had a rare cat even.

Would the police even do anything, especially 2 days later. I said above we think the door was unlocked, were not 100% sure, we turned the key and didn't hear the click noise from the lock, turned it again, heard the click and it was locked when we tried to enter, we then unlocked it again and went in.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jun 5, 2007, 12:43 PM
    They might come and dust for prints but don't count on the police finding anything. I had some tools stolen out of a house I was repairing. I called the police they didn't show up until 36 hours later dusted for prints all the prints on the door were to smudged to get a good print. I ended up solving the crime myself by going to all the pawn shops in the area till I found my tools and got the police involved to just go pick hm up after I had his home address. Call the police try and get them to file a report they may not since you have no proof of a break in and nothing but a pet missing that could have left on its own if a family member left the door open. Put fliers up in the area and let all the neighbors know that you are missing a pet and call all of the animal shelters so they know to call you if they find it.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2007, 01:44 PM
    I would call the police, just for the fact of calling them. Then I would make up flyers of your cat and distribute them. Maybe offer a reward.

People are so strange sometimes. I think some would steal a dirty shirt. Your cat is rare, maybe someone knew and felt they could sell your cat. But if they thought of it, how many cats are there, like yours, in your area? Wouldn't a cat like yours be obvious? Makes no sense to me but then I am not a crook (just like Richard Nixon-lol).

Good luck in finding your cat.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2007, 01:53 AM
    Good answers above.

In addition:

Strong wind perhaps that opened the doors? Cat then got out?

Cat found a door that wasn't fully locked and maybe a little ajar? Dogs will do this all of the time.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 06:46 AM
    True, that's why we haven't caleld the police, the door could have just been blown open and he got out. And I'm rather sure he's the only cat of his kind in this area so we will know right away if we see him. We did put up signs and are just waiting to see if we get a call and keep looking a bit each day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Break Even [ 2 Answers ]

I know how to compute BE in dollars and in units. But I have a peculiar question that I just cannot grasp what to do. It's giving me a fixed cost, a contribution margin ratio in %, and sales price; and it wants me to compute break-even point in units. I'm kind of confused because I would think...

Help with break up [ 7 Answers ]

I had been with my boyfriend for about a year. We first met at work and were both instantly attracted to each other. At first we just casually flirted, then started hanging out outside of work. It wasn’t very long before the relationship became physical. Once we had begun sleeping together things...

How do I tell my girlfriend I want to take a little break. [ 15 Answers ]

This is my first post here. I was just doing some searching and I fell upon this site. How do I tell my girlfriend that I want to take some time off from the relationship. Reason being, I feel like I need to find and define myself as a person. I definitely do not want to completely break up...

Break even [ 2 Answers ]

Product Alpha has been a staple in Omega Corp.'s product line for several years. Annual fixed costs of production and administration related to this product in the past have been $643,500. Annually, variable costs of production and sales have been $17 per unit. The selling price in the past has...

Break even [ 1 Answers ]

Sporto Enterprises is considering the manufacture of a new type of golf ball. Each golf ball would sell for $3.75 and would require $1.75 in variable cost. In addition annual fixed costs associated with the project would total $64,000. Calculate (a) the breakeven point in units, (b) the breakeven...

View more questions Search