Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    misspoohbear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Vaginal Itch
    Each time I have sex with my partner I have itching at the opening of my vagina, I am going through menapause. It this due to not enough lubrication or is it that I might have some kind of infection?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 5, 2007, 11:05 AM
    How long has this been going on? How long does it last after intercourse? Is there any itching any other time?

It could very well be a lubrication problem if you are going through menopause, but it could also be a yeast infection.

I hate answering questions with questions, please understand that I have to get the whole picture.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 5, 2007, 11:08 AM
    If he is wearing condoms you could be allergic to the latex, and you are correct, it could be menopausal as well, and in the case of itching,you should see your doctor to have it checked out. There are some reasons for vaginal itching:

* Soap allergy
    * Hygiene product allergy
    * Perfume allergy
    * Dye allergy
    * Douche allergy
    * Latex allergy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Private area itch [ 5 Answers ]

It happened after I had sex with my wife. (I don't think she cheated on me :) ) My testicles were itching, next day when I was taking a shower, I noticed red spots behind my testies. It was like red spots and skin around it was pilling off. I'm too imberested to go to a doctor about this,...

Yellow Discharge + Itch [ 3 Answers ]

For the past couple of months I have had a yellow discharge coming from the vaginal region. It is also itching. Before this, the discharge was clear, which I was told was normal. Is my discharge now a Yeast Infection? There is no defining scent to it, so I am unsure.

Itch around my waist [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can anyone help. I have had an itch around my waist for a couple of months.

Nocturnal Itch [ 1 Answers ]

I have this itch all over my body when I go to sleep sometimes, probably a few times a month. It's just itching without and visible signs of bumps or rash, and it disturbs my sleep till dawn. I have been told this is one symptom of having gallstones, but I have had my keyhole surgery last November....

Bumps and Itch [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 20 and in college I have been with aproximatly 13 girls in the past year or so but the last girl I was with was about an 5 month relationship where I was only having sex with that one girl. We have since broke up because I am in a new state. I haven't been with ANY girls in since me and my ex...

View more questions Search