Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shane10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Streaming audio
    I can not receive streaming audio on my PC ihave sound if I play movies it only don't work if I won't to listen to live audio
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Jun 6, 2007, 07:07 AM
    What are you using to listen to the stream? Most likely the software is not installed correctly or you are missing a codec. A codec is basically what encodes and decodes the audio and/or video signals. Different codecs are used for for different types of files. The codec used to view an AVI file is different from the one used to play a Real Audio or QuickTime file. Most third party players will install their own codecs so you don't have to worry about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Record Streaming Audio [ 6 Answers ]

How do I record Streaming Audio:confused: on my PC? I have Windows XP Home Edition.

Streaming media [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking to see if there is a free server out there to stream video. Does anyone know of one that is rather easy to use. I have found one for audio but the company does not make one for video I am just wanting this for my own personal use. I would love any help and thanks ahead of time.

Streaming video [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Lately, whenever I try to access a video on the internet (like through MSN newcasts) the video and audio come through OK but the video is all washed out and faded almost colorless. This just started happening recently. I'm using a broadband connection for...

View more questions Search