Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

Jun 5, 2007, 08:28 AM
    New food/old food/keep it the same or change?
    Our cat has been acting a little weird lately, over the past week we have noticed that he doesn't seem to be eating the same as he did.
    Over the last week he will get excited that its feeding time, then I put his bowl down for him and he will lick his meat until all the jelly? Is gone off the meat and he will leave the meat in his dish, dry.
    As I say he will lick at it but won't actually eat it.
    We have not changed his food lately, it's the same he has been on for months.
    Should I try a different food for him?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 5, 2007, 11:00 AM
    My cats used to do that too when they were tired of the same old food, so I changed it from time to time. They have their preferences too.
    DocWill Posts: 239, Reputation: 40

Jun 5, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Ever see kids that eat the desert first then get full or loose appitite after 3 cookies? Also "FWYB" Cats with this people training skils are very smart, its time you out smarted him, bring on the dry food! Have fun too, he is going to hate it for 3-5 days. Stick to your guns and stop letting him train his owners. Just so you know , I am a trained Ower as well, shhh don't tell anyone!
    catsandkittensandmittens Posts: 31, Reputation: 5

Jun 6, 2007, 06:02 AM
    Fix I am sorry to hear that your cat will not eat, I would be so worried to. My momma has a young cat. She gives it 1 tablespoon of wet food over 1 serving of dry food she adds a little of water and makes a gravy. And her cat loves it. Maybe you can try this.
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

Jun 7, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Just to update... we changed his food, he ate the lot.
    We have got him a different meat, he seems to like the fish variety.
    I actually mixed the food he didn't like in with the new food and every meal he has finished the lot.
    Thanks all

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog.cat food.table food [ 7 Answers ]

I got a dog from my mother in law whom got her from a guy who got her from someone who couldn't take care of her. Well I believe she was beat and starved. When she got here she wouldn't eat or drink. She peed everywhere, and she is terrified of kids and loud people. She rarley goes to anyone beside...

What food causes acne? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have serious pimples and I need serious soluitons... im trying to do everything I can to get rid of these pimples!! Like drinking anti-oxidents, putting tea, milk and vitamin E on my face, also wahing my face three times a day!! What foods causes acne? I'm trying to eliminate foods that's...

My dog is off her food [ 1 Answers ]

My dog has been off her food for two days

Wet dog food and dry dog food [ 5 Answers ]

Someone told me that I should be giving a balance of wet dog food and dry dog food each week and not just dry dog food all the time. He told me that too much dry food can cause constipation. Is this true? Also, which brands are considered low grade dog food?

View more questions Search