Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    David10 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 01:15 AM
    Changing Icons
    The Icon in My Computer for the D: partition changed somehow and I can't seem to change it back, in the properties there is no personalize tab as there is in normal folders. The partion work as normal so it's only a question of the look. :rolleyes: I would thank you if you have any ideas,
    David10
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Jun 5, 2007, 08:49 AM
    What icon is it now?

Try changing the themes to Windows XP default. Right-click the desktop, properties, then the themes tab.

Jun 5, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Hi HVAC888 Thank you for your suggestion. Attached is a copy of the icon I have now, (I made a shortcut so that I could copy it for you) My theme is and has always been XP do you think that changing to classic would help?
    Attached Images

jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Jun 6, 2007, 10:04 AM
    Download and install a copy of TweakUI from Microsoft.
    Run it and under Repair choose Rebuild Icons.
    If that doesn't work the let us know.

Jun 6, 2007, 11:01 AM
    :mad: jstrike I'm sorry to say that you idea didn't help, but it was nice to be introduced to Tweak :cool:
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jun 6, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by David10
    The Icon in My Computer for the D: partition changed somehow and I can't seem to change it back, in the properties there is no personalize tab as there is in normal folders. The partion work as normal so it's only a question of the look. :rolleyes: I would thank you if you have any ideas,
    David10
    While on your desktop, right click on the current icon. Go to the bottom where it says, "Properties" and click on that. You should now be able to see the "Change Icon" window. I believe you can "Restore" and "Browse" Good luck!

Jun 6, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Captain Rich, on normal folders you idea would be perfect but on drive icons there is no such option in the properties.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jun 6, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Sorry! You asked about changing icons. The desktop is the only place I know of where that can be done. I assumed...
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Jun 6, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by David10
    jstrike I'm sorry to say that you idea didn't help, but it was nice to be introduced to Tweak :cool:
    Not the first time I've been wrong, certainly won't be the last...
    I love TweakUI, it's usually one of the first utilities I load on any new computer.

See if any of the info on this page helps you out: [VP} - Icons/Drive icons

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Desktop icons mysteriously changing design [ 5 Answers ]

Some, but not all, of my desktop icons change designs all by themselves. This seems to happen to the more recently added shortcuts (to the desktop) and almost always after my grandchildren have used the computer to visit their game sites. These shortcut icons still open to the correct sites, so...

Where did my icons go? [ 5 Answers ]

I am hoping I can find an answer here.. It all started when I needed to do an Excel sheet in Microsoft Office. It said that there had been a recent change in the application and I needed to reinstall the program from the CD. I can't find the CD so I decided to do a restore to an earlier time...

Taskbar Icons [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem with the taskbar icons on a computer I am working on. They are abnormally small. The rest of the screen looks fine but the icons down in the bottom right hand corner of the screen next to the time and the quick launch toolbar are tiny. The icons are so small that, on the right...

Icons [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to hide the application icons in my computer? Every time I installed something (i.e. softwares) a new icon is created. I just have so much that it filled the whole monitor. Plssss help me.

View more questions Search