Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eagle88 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Got beat up, not doing so well emotionally.
    About a little more than a month ago I was jumped by three guys at school and I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with it, I broke my jaw and received a consussion during the fight, the guys were arrested and we are going to sue and all that but it still odesnt help. I know they will get in some trouble with the law, they will get sued by me, and they have already been expelled from school. But I just can't move on, I can't sleep, I think about it constantly and get so angry, I do not know what to do, part of me wants revenge so bad, but part of me tells me that is not a good idea, I was out of school for a while and am back and not really that embarrassed but just depressed about this whole thing, those three guys think they won and I just don't know what to do... please help...
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

Jun 4, 2007, 11:38 PM
    Dear eagle88 - You have been through a terrible ordeal and I commend you for being so brave. You are lucky to be alive. You are obviously very hurt and angry over what happened. Initially, you must have felt shocked and numb and when that wore off, all the feelings came on and now you feel depressed. This was an ordeal, not just physically but emotionally. You still need time to recover and rest. Your feelings are what any person would feel in your situation. I can imagine that you must have felt the "fight or flight" feeling and felt your very life was in danger.

No wonder you are having trouble sleeping. If possible, talk to your Doctor about sleeping pills, at least on a temporary basis, so you can rest.

Don't deny your sadness. You have suffered a loss - of safety, of well-being, of feeling in control. Cry if you need to, you are only human and loss hurts. You are moving through these feelings and will get better. You will be a stronger person for it when it is over. You will get through this and go on.

These people may have physically hurt you - but they did not hurt or damage your spirit, your very being, you within. This is the you that has the courage to go on and make a statement that they will not get away with what they did. The you that lives goes on in peace, in harmony, in power, now and forever. Know that your very being is never damaged, never hurt - no matter what happens. There is always a part of us that remains the same - whole and complete, solid and real - alive, right here and right now. Turn completely from the situation and rest in the perfection of your spirit.

The fact that you are back in school and you are taking these people to Court is your power speaking. You have taken a stand that I am real, I am a person, I will be heard. Know that the universe will support and guide you every step of the way in your search for justice. You will prevail.

Revenge is not the answer here. Let the police and the Courts handle that. These people do not deserve your time, your effort, you come first and they are not worthy of you. You remain more important, your life remains more important than these people. Your power comes from within.

If possible, consider talking to a therapist, even if it is on a short-term basis. I wish you loving kindness and happiness wherever you go. Take care.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Jun 5, 2007, 12:01 AM
    Talking to someone that really cares can do wonders. I think you should talk to someone that you are close to, which can help you emotionally and if there is really no one, God is there and he has never failed me.
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Jun 5, 2007, 12:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle88
    about a little more than a month ago i was jumped by three guys at school and im having alot of trouble dealing with it, i broke my jaw and recieved a consussion during the fight, the guys were arrested and we are going to sue and all that but it still odesnt help. i know they will get in some trouble with the law, they will get sued by me, and they have already been expelled from school. but i just can't move on, i can't sleep, i think about it constantly and get so angry, i do not know what to do, part of me wants revenge so bad, but part of me tells me that is not a good idea, i was out of school for a while and am back and not really that embarassed but just depressed about this whole thing, those three guys think they won and i just dont know what to do....please help......
    Talk to a trusted adult. For example your school councilor, or maybe you should see a psychiatrist. If you never talk to a trusted adult you will never be able to get it out of your head. However, I believe that talking to God ALWAYS helps. He helped me heaps, so much so that if I told you the whole story, you'd be dead from old age. :)
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Jun 5, 2007, 11:05 PM
    I no how you feel. My friend got beat up and she was scared for weeks on end. She didn't go back to school after a few days and it wasn't until she spoke to a trusted adult that she got the courage to go back to school.

I STRONGLY encourage you to do this. If you feel this way and still think about it the way you are, then it's time to talk to a trusted friend or adult. There are many people around you that can help, but the best people are the trusted people. Talking to someone help mentally and emotionally.
    Lacey5765 Posts: 157, Reputation: 50

Jun 6, 2007, 10:48 AM
    You have been through a great trauma so give yourself time to get through it. Two months seems like a long time but in reality when you think of all you need to deal with it isn't. You may have lost your sense of safety. Before this although you may have had some instances of being scared it was resolved and you weren't hurt. THis time you were, and it will take some time to build that sense of being safe again. When things happen that just aren't supposed to it really effects us in many ways. Because now if you can't be safe where you once were, then maybe other things can happen to. I don't think I am doing a good job explaining but what I am trying to say is that the event becomes more than a physical fight or injury. It injures our security and we have to regain that trust with the world again. You may need to speak to a professional or it make work out in time but don't give up. You continue to be strong. Those guys have not won. You won't let them. What they wanted to do is make you afraid, you are going to get through this and show them you are stronger than them. It is not worth wasting anymore time or energy on them. Life is so wonderful and you need to enjoy it. Hopefully once the trial is through you can move on. I wish you the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could someone help me think of this song name? It's techno and the beat goes... [ 3 Answers ]

Dododododo do do dodododo really fast.. or Dunnnananan do do Dunnnananan do do DunnnanananDunnnanananDunnnanananDunnnananan someone please help!

Dead Beat Dad [ 1 Answers ]

My situation is this: I live in Georgia and my ex husband and I divorced 3 yrs ago after 3 yrs of marriage. We have 2 children age 13 & 6. After my divorce was final I began seeing someone else and we are now engaged. My ex husband has had no contact with my children since the divorce was...

Beat the amortization [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, my 10th grd math teacher asked us to write a paper about beating the amortizations on debt... but all I have been able to come up with is the meaning of it... and several amortization calculators, but these aren't telling me what I need. Does anyone know any thing about this?? :confused:

Women and Men, infedility do they stray for sex or emotionally intimacy [ 2 Answers ]

My question is when Women and Men commit infedility in what order do they feel the need to have an affair 1. Sex 2. Emotional intimacy or 3. Love? Why are men and women different in this aspect?

Is it normal to feel emotionally unsteady when you are il ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am new here and I came here with just this question. After reading some Q and A's I am impressed to see a small community here, discussing things that are important and being supportive. That's really great. OK, so here is my question: I have no mental illnesses according to my doctors....

View more questions Search