Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terminator05 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Jun 4, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Am I overweight?
    I am just wondering if I am MEDICALLY considered overweight, and not just by someone's opinion.

I am 21, Five foot ten and three quarters inch tall, and I weigh 225 pounds, and I'm a guy, if that matters.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jun 4, 2007, 08:08 PM
    Your body mass index is 31.4 anything over 30 is considered medically obese. Now that being said if your built more like a California govenor than a guy that lives for his next hoho your not obese. If you lean more toward the hoho guy then maybe it's time to join a gym.
    BMI - Body Mass Index: Adult BMI Calculator: English | DNPA | CDC
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Check out the site: dietican.com, when you put in the correct numbers, you'll receive where you should be at. You didn't say if your large framed, but it sounds abit over to me. If your not happy with how you look, check into your diet and if your exercising. Proper nutrition and exercise does help if you continue the changes forever.
    araina Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2009, 12:43 PM

According to the height-weight chart based on your height and gender you should weigh an average 160 and maximum 179.. so yes you are overweight and have a lot to lose.

All the best.stay healthy!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2009, 01:53 PM

This is a thread from 2007, more than 2 years ago. Please keep an eye on the dates when you respond.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My overweight! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 5 foot 11 and I'm 149 pounds. But I want to weigh 130... how do I lose weight??

Overweight Wife [ 37 Answers ]

I am a 31 year old male, who has been married for close to a year. My wife is extremely overweight. I loved her when we got married, and I love her now. I am just not attracted to her at all. She is a pretty girl, but she is Severely overweight. I am chuncky myself, but it is hard to get turned...

Dog is overweight [ 7 Answers ]

What is the best dog food for my very overweight golden lab/retriever mix?

Am I overweight [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I'm 10 stone 3 pounds. I have a lot of visible fat and everyone at school keeps calling me fat. On top of that I'm trying to ask this girl out at school but I think that she will prefer a healthier me. But I have asthma and whenever I work out I nearly kill myself. Does anyone have any...

I'm about 60 pounds overweight [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question, if anyone can help me that would be great. I want to find a really good way for me to exercise but my problem is this. I had a c-section when I had my son and now I have my lower stomach hanging a bit , most of my weight is from that are to my chest, I have large...

View more questions Search