Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terminator05 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Jun 4, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Secret Clearence
    Is there a website that I can go to for an application on getting what is called "secret Clearence" Or can I only get that through the company I plan on applying at?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 06:23 PM
    From what I remember, from a former job, is that you work toward that "secret clearance" with the company you go to work for. Obtaining that clearance may take up to a year and as little as three months. Even then information will only be available to you on a "need to know" basis.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 4, 2007, 06:42 PM
    And there are many various levels of national secuity clearance levels, secret is merely one ( and not that high if I reemmber right)

You can get a clearance though the government, but normally a company you are going to go to work for will help with your application process.
    But as noted, they will take a long time, my first second for a very high rating took amost a year and a half and that was after already having a basically clearance.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2007, 07:27 AM
    The cost for clearance backgrounds can be high. My husband's is Top Secret and took 3 years (but his clearance application started a week before 9/11.)

If there is something you are concerned about disclose it first. They are much more understanding if you tell them there is something no so great there, than if they find it later.

**Edit**

Sorry, just noticed the date on this was kind of old.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 24, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Are you referring to a security clearance or what? If you need to be cleared to work on national secrets, the company hiring you will do the background check to have you "vetted".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dirty little secret? [ 5 Answers ]

I've got and issue with my son's father... First let me get you up to speed, so you'll understand what's going on here: He and I dated a short time and broke up... a month or 2 later I found out I was pregnant... he wanted to get back together and get married when I told him no, but that we...

Frustrating secret [ 75 Answers ]

Hi I am having a lot of trouble at the moment, and have done for the last 1 and a half years. I am kind of with this guy who I love very much and he loves me too. We have no problems together at all, the only problem is my mum. She doesn't like him because she doesn't think he is good enough for...

Should I keep it a secret? [ 1 Answers ]

There was this exchange student last year from Germany and he sat behind me in my English Junior class. I didn't get to know him until the last few days of school because I was too shy to interact. When I finally got to know him, he caught my heart. At that time, however, I thought it was just...

View more questions Search