Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PinkBlazer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2005, 06:50 AM
    My house is haunted!!
    I've always had ghostly experiences since I was 2 years old. I am 51 now.
    We just purchased another home 5 months ago. The very first night we stayed here (my gr'daughter and I) hubby was out of state working, we were going to sleep in one of the bedrooms.I heard a bunch of whispering, like a group of people all talking at once. All of a sudden it just stopped. The next night, we slept in a different bedroom. About 3 am. I heard what sounded like someone in the basement pounding on the ceiling, which is the bedroom floor. My gr'daughter heard it too, it woke us both up. We just sat up in bed and listened. After a few minutes it stopped. I ran to get my cell phone and went back into the bedroom. We laid back down and it wasn't 30 seconds later, we heard the closet door sliding open and closed from the adjoining bedroom. I called 911 and told them someone was in my house. 4 police arrived with their guns drawn. They told me and my gr'daughter to stay in the kitchen. They checked through the whole house.. they said there was no-one in there and no way anyone could have gotten in the house. The one officer asked me why the attic light was on.. I told him, we had never even seen the attic. 2 of the officers went in the attic with their guns drawn. They came back down and said there wasn't even a light in the attic and they couldn't explain why they saw a light on. After about an hour, they left. My gr'daughter and I stayed in the kitchen until 8 am.We were so tired that we decided to go back into the bedroom to sleep. We laid there for about 5 minutes, when a candle holder over my head on the wall just starting shaking. Well, we got up and stayed up. A few days later, I was down here in the basement where my putor is hooked up and I heard like a child laughing. I thought my daughter had come to visit with my little grandson. I started yelling up the stairs that I was down here. She didn't answer me so I went upstairs and no-one was there. Hubby came home for the week-end. The day after he left, the phone rang. I answered it and it was a bunch of static and what sounded like someone changing radio stations very quickly. In the background.. there was a child's voice saying.. mommy, mommy, I can't see you. Where are you mommy, I have to leave mommy. Then the phone went dead. Very scarey!! Another time while I was down here on the putor and (hubby was home this time) I heard what sounded like a toy talking. There are 5 rooms down here and one is my gr'daughter's toy room but everything was still packed in boxes. The toy didin't sound like any of my gr'daughters toys. I yelled to my husband to get down here and go check the toy room. He shook boxes, bags and nothing would talk. He went back upstairs and the toy says "good bye" in a very creepy voice. It was like it said good bye to my hubby who just went back upstairs. I yelled to my husband again but he wouldn't come back down.A few days ago.. I started down the basement stairs and I saw a light coming from my laundry room. I thought it was strange because I hadn't been in there. As I got to the laundry room, the door was almost closed.. maybe open 6 inches and the light was coming through there. I NEVER close any of the doors down here!! I opened the door and went to shut the light switch off by the door. It wasn't that light. It was a light at the other end of the laundry room that you have to screw the light bulb in to turn on. I never use that light. I went over to unscrew it and it was sooo tight. Then 2 nights ago.. I was the only one here.I went to bed around midnight. I had the TV on low like I always do. As I was watching TV, the volume got louder and louder. I grabbed the controller and punched the volume button. It showed it was turned up as loud as it would go. I just laid there for hours shaking scared to death. Yesterday afternoon at 3:30 I was upstairs when all of a sudden I heard music, then it got louder and louder, so loud it was vibrating the walls. It was coming from my stereo down here in the basement. I called my daughter and she said "oh my god mom" why is the music so loud. I told her I didn't do it and it was coming from the basment. She came over, we went into the basement into the room where the stereo is.. the power button had been pushed in and the volume knob had been turned up as far as it would go. We turned it off and ran upstairs.. Writing this today, is the first I've dared to come back down here. YES.. my house is haunted. It must be.
    pUnk 0f 31r3 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2005, 04:16 PM
    Errr...
    Maybe you should call a local priest or something, if you are like that and if it really freaks you out (I know I would be) :o
    Rose_05 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2005, 02:27 PM
    Hi PinkBlazer,
    Hi there PinkBlazer,
    If you don't mind me jumping in since I'm new here as well.
    What kind of Ghostly Experiences did you have at the age of 2?
    My Daughter is going through something right now that is Totally Freaking me out.
    I don't know what to do about it. I don't want to do Psychology Crap or anything like that to her because I believe her.
    She keeps claiming that she is seeing "Shadows" in her room, and not the kind that a night lite would provide.
    I've even turned the light off in her room, and turned her night light on, and asked her "Honey is this your "Shadow"." She looked me in the eyes without Hesitation and said "No" Mommy.
    She claims that there's 2 girl Shadows, and a boy one on her wall or the bathroom wall maybe he travels from wall to wall ;)
    With Brown hair though she's mentioned his Brown hair half a dozen times.
    Any help would be appreciated. I'm just looking for answers too.
    By the way your story totally Freaked me out as well. Hope that you find answers. Sorry I'm not any help just looking for some myself.
    Thanks for allowing me to jump in here ;)
    Rose.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 26, 2005, 02:12 PM
    Ghost
    There has been some research into young people ( children) having at times mental abilities that are unknown and often not controlled. I am not a expert on it, but I did read a few stories.

Now do I believe in some form or spirit (ghost) other power. As a Christian because I beleve in God, and I believe in Heaven.

I have to also believe in angels, and have to believe in spirits. We see in the bible where certain mediums and witches were able to bring spirits back.
    Even the 12 thought Jesus was a ghost when they saw him walking on the water.

But believe me it can be worst, I too lived in a house with its own "force"
    A shadow would from time to time ( several times a week at least) pass the front window like someone walking on the porch. You could see the mans outline but no one was ever there. Many times during the week you would smell a pipe in the house. And things would a few times a month fly off the desk and off the fire place. Yes while you were sitting in the room, just fly off. Not fall but fly off , half way across the room.
    And every night, every single night, the motion detectors in our security system would pick up something walking though the house, finally had to have them turned off.

So welcome to the strange world.
    gdriggs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2005, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose_05
    Hi there PinkBlazer,
    If you don't mind me jumping in since I'm new here as well.
    What kind of Ghostly Experiences did you have at the age of 2?
    My Daughter is going through something right now that is Totally Freaking me out.
    I don't know what to do about it. I don't want to do Psychology Crap or anything like that to her b/c I believe her.
    She keeps claiming that she is seeing "Shadows" in her room, and not the kind that a night lite would provide.
    I've even turned the light off in her room, and turned her night light on, and asked her "Honey is this your "Shadow"." She looked me in the eyes without Hesitation and said "No" Mommy.
    She claims that there's 2 girl Shadows, and a boy one on her wall or the bathroom wall maybe he travels from wall to wall ;)
    with Brown hair though she's mentioned his Brown hair half a dozen times.
    Any help would be appreciated. I'm just looking for answers too.
    By the way your story totally Freaked me out as well. Hope that you find answers. Sorry I'm not any help just looking for some myself.
    Thanks for allowing me to jump in here ;)
    Rose.
    well they say that baby's and children see spirits and most of the time there all around us just that when our inocent is gone we become blind to them
    gdriggs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2005, 05:23 PM
    Well if you don't mind I would also like to jump in on this one. My husband and I were just talking about this today. I've lived in my house for over a year now and so far we have had some "ghostly" experiences.I believe that what your daughter is seeing is true. I'm not scared of the dark but when my door opens in the middle of the night for no reason... that scares me. When lights flicker and turn off by themselves , I'm scared. When I hear noises that are unexplainable... im really scared. Believe your daughter. She just might have " the eye"
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Dec 31, 2005, 06:01 PM
    Hey, I completely believe that you have some sort of haunting going on. Because something similar happened to me a few days ago. My husband and I are planning on buying a new house and a few days ago he and I along with our real estate agent looked at this house. Now the house isn't occupied at the moment. No one lives there so this is what feaked me out the most. We were looking around the first floor when I could have sworn that I heard music coming from the finished basement and what sounded like muffled voices. I didn't say anything to my husband or my agent because I knew it was abandoned. I listened for about two minutes when I finally decided to open the door. As soon as I did the noises stopped immediately, I took only one step down the stairs when I felt like a electrical current brush by my face. I went back upstairs and wouldn't go look until my husband went down there with me.
    I had grown up in a house that was haunted. And plenty of odd things happened to me, but most of the activity centered around my little brother. It was pretty bizarre. But there was something that my best friend's mom had to do in her home when she was expirencing some phenonenom, she put some olive oil over every door way (a drop) and said a prayer over her house. And she said the weird phenomena stopped. I guess it is some sort of spiritual cleansing of a house. It could work but with things like this it's the unknown so you never know what willl work and what won't. I would definitely look into getting a preist. Maybe they could do a formal cleansing of the house.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2005, 08:46 PM
    Priest
    Not trying to down the movie idea of a priest chasing out a spirit, which can be done of course. But things in the spirit world all operate under rules just like everything does. Spirits can return if they are given a right to be where they are, so often chasing them away is a temp solution to a problem.

It is really more involved than I would want to get into at this time.
    And some spirits appear to be less aggressive or dangerous than others.

I left the ones alone in the house we lived in, since they normally appeared to be "nice" excpet for those books flying off the desk,

But I have been in buildings where every hair on my neck stood up, the evil could just be felt.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 1, 2006, 07:50 AM
    That's true, Fr Chuck, because I have heard of some instances that spiritual cleansing and or exorcisms(for extreme cases) don't work. Its such a mystery how sometimes it works and others it doesn't
    hpd4 Posts: 63, Reputation: 7

Feb 22, 2006, 05:32 PM
    Not Alone! Ever!
    One year ago my friends and me went on vacation. We went to San Antonio, Tx. We stayed in an inn I think it was called "Pear Tree Inn". My friends thought it would be cool to bring a board game we could play during the night. I didn't want to but since my teachers said the rooms will have no cable in them, I had to agree. So it was cool in the morning. We went to Fiesta Texas and had a lot of fun. When we got back we took the board game out. My friend, who was the one that brought it and the only one who knew how to set it up, set it up.:p We began to "play" the "game". We chanted and prayed but nothing happened. So we went to sleep at I think 10p.m. Everything was OK for a while. On the north side of the room were the 4 beds we slept in. On the south side was the door. East side had the computer, painting, T.v, and library. On the west side was the telephone and a lamp. We all woke up when we heard a loud crash followed by the words, "Having fun?". My friends and I were horror struck. We stared at each other until Jacory asked Joel (the guy that brought the board) "What happened?!" He just stood there frozen. He was whispering something. We couldn't hear him much. I heard this part: "Oh my god...sorry guys...im sorry god...please no... why did I have to bring my ouija board!". Right there he just fainted. We rushed to his bed his eyelids were open and his eyes were rolled back. Then again the book shelf just crashed to the floor. The lamp flikered on and off. We ran to the door holding Joel. We got out told the chaperone and switched rooms. Joel was fine when he woke up. He had forgotten he had brought the board, the voice, and that he fainted. Even though that happened almost 2 years ago I can still hear "it" (I call it that) saying, "Wanna play again? We'll have fun..". His voice just fades away every time. It was scary I tell you.
    lil gal Posts: 5, Reputation: 2
    -

Jan 8, 2009, 02:05 PM

Wow that's krazy shoot I would be hella scared well just bless your house
    elizabette Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2010, 11:05 AM
    Comment on little gal's post
    OMG that is krazy
    bent0n4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2011, 07:19 AM
    Hi, I'm new to this site, thought I'd share my experiences with you they seem to be getting more regular as time goes on.

I've lived at this house for 12 years now. When we 1st moved in my 3 year old (now 15) acquired a friend an invisible 1, he made room in bed for him and I even had to set the table for an extra person, but nothing strange happened in the house.

Now my daughter has turned 5 she to sees some 1 she calls him the funny man (he has blue eyes and spikey hair), she says he comes in her room when everyone is asleep and hides her toys.

Since this has been happening I swear I see a shadow move across my kitchen doorway of a night time so I turned the light off thinking this would stop it. The next night I didn't have the light on and I'm certain I see a solid figure standing 3 feet away from me about 3 foot 4, I looked again and there wasn't any thing there I sat back in my chair and could hear foot steps in the kitchen, put the light on and no one there,my washing machine turns off by the switch on the plug, The kettle turns itself on and the latest thing to happen was that me and the misses were in bed and our door opened with just enough force that it wouldn't hit the cupboard behind it all the kids were asleep apart from 1 who was playing xbox. I jumped out of bed and there was no one out of bed.

This is starting to get stupid.
    Niamh^^ Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2011, 11:42 AM
    Well, I have lived in this house for 13 years, and I have never moved before.
    When I was 11 I started experiencing an eerie atmosphere, and the wardrobe door moved. I jumped out of my skin as I saw a shadow run across my befroom.
    I told my mum, and she didn't believe me, and said,
    "What did I tell you? There is NO such things as ghosts!"

Eventually, I got sent to bed because I was so tired. In the corner of my eye I saw the wardrobe door move- I wasn't scared at all, and I would expect myself to be sccared of things like that.
    I heard a male voice murmur, He called himself Max B'eauniye and he was (at the time) 13 years old he told me.
    He was so nice! I thought ghosts were scary. At times, though, he can be a bit scary: E.G. I was walking downstairs and a hairbrush was thrown into my face by nothing.

Anyway, at one time I was been bullied at school for the way I draw, and I can draw manga very good, and people were jealous. I got home in despair telling Max what happened at school. He was nothing else but furious.
    He told me,
    "I will be back in 1 day. I need to get revenge."
    They were the exact words, and poof he disappeard.

A day didn't work, but he was back after a day. I didn't think it worker at all.
    In my surprise, after a week the girls at school had all been looking depressed and gave me scowls- Did it work?
    It left me to wonder.

It just got worse...

A couple of weeks ago, my mum told me that we were moving.
    She wanted to move in with her boyfriend and they have been together for 3 years.
    It was the time I had to tell Max.

We were sat in my room. Max looked so delighted to see me, until I told him.
    His face literally dropped in dissapointment.
    He didn't look happy.

He never spoke another word to me.
    His face looked like it was talking to me, as if he was so angry.
    ... I never saw him for a couple of weeks, until things got violent.
    .The forks were thrown off the table
    .the chair tipped over
    .My cat, Cobweb, is staring at nothing in fright.
    .My sister woke up in the middle of the night screaming, "What is that teenage boy doing in my room?!?!"
    .The lights flickered, but not that much.

My mum grabbed the phone ringing 999, for a 'poltergeist' on loose in the house.
    She apologised for doubting me for 2 years.
    She said, "I can't take this anymore, everyone get out!"
    I heard Max crying in my head ever since.

Before I get negative comments saying something like HOAX. FAKE. LIAR.
    This is a TRUE story.

... How come the crying can't get out of my head?

Mar 21, 2011, 11:55 AM
    Comment on bizygurl's post
    wow... so your friend's mom actually stopped the haunting just like that?
    Maybe you should try that before you consult a priest. ^^

Mar 21, 2011, 11:57 AM
    Is that true that animals and babies can easily see ghosts better than we do?
    I just don't understand how babies can see them.. so confusing, any ideas?
    idack123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2011, 07:00 AM
    Dear niamh is that a true story I'm not being mean but I am fasinated because I always fell like I'm being hunted and my brothers bed one night moved. Do you have any more storys?
    titanic11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2011, 03:42 PM
    Hi PinkBlazer, I'd like to join this discussion.
    I read that weird things are happening all over your house, more than weird I suppose. Scary. I haven't really experienced any such things, But I watch many Ghost Hunters and Discovery show to at least know little about the subject. Experts say that the beings that are most sensitive to this activity are the toddlers, old people and Dogs. It's likely that you experienced such phenomena. I would suggest, first, Don't try to mess with Ouija boards or Weird Chants, Try it the Technology way, first. It might be expensive, But it's better than being petrified.
    EVP's: Electronic Voice Phenomenon are electronically generated noises that resemble speech, but are not the result of intentional voice recordings or renderings. Common sources of EVP include static, stray radio transmissions, and background noise. Recordings of EVP are often created from background sound by increasing the gain (i.e. sensitivity) of the recording equipment.
    You could use an EMF meter. With the meter in your hand, and walk around to find the affected areas,you will notice that the numbers on the meter rapidly increase,
    Use an electronic thermometer and see if you find any hot or cold spots.
    Use a K2 meter to ask the ghosts to do something you want. Ask them to flicker the lights for a yes, when you ask a question, and see the response by the flickering.
    You could also use the torch method. Buy a torch, the ones where you have to manually press the switch or screw it around. Keep it on off, in a room with it being fairly far away from you. Politely tell your surroundings how to turn on and off the torch and keep it away from you. Ask them to turn it on. If the potential spirit is there, the light will come on.
    This one's a must -> Rent several video cameras, on a tripod or on a surface. Charge it enough and set it for the whole night at the hot spots of activity.
    Get an infrared camera, and place it in the place with the highest level of activity. This camera shows you if there are spirits by identifying the heat.
    Else, you could use traditional methods. Put Olive oil on all doorways & windows. Please pray and quote from the Bible. Burn Sage, Ask a priest or contact a psychic medium to come over.
    I wish you luck, and hope that all your worries are put to rest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My house is haunted [ 23 Answers ]

The other night I found this site by typing in 'how do you know if your house is haunted'.Well, after reading what others wrote I began piecing things together. I am sure that my house is haunted. I would like to find out the history of this house (it was built in 1888) but I don't know where to...

Is my new house haunted? [ 11 Answers ]

We built and moved into a house 8 months ago. We have one room that we had some Bali statues and tribal mask in for decoration. Since we added these we have had a few people house watch for us who did not like the room. My mother stayed and put all the Bali stuff in a bag in the garage because they...

Is my house haunted ? [ 45 Answers ]

Is my house haunted? Things keep moving around ill put them in one place then ill find them in another. My little boy who is autistic sees things but he can't tell me what he's seeing but stares and giggles. I hear my name called but when I ask who's shouting me no one in house has. I get strange...

Is the house haunted [ 9 Answers ]

I've been going round a friend of mines house now for about a year. Everything was fine until about three months ago when strange things started to happen it started with small things like things being moved or going missing and then finding them in different places where I know for a fact I did...

How can I tell if my house is haunted? [ 43 Answers ]

:o Weird things have happened off and on the past 4 years we've lived in our house. It was terrible at first. Terrible dreams about the house, about bodies buried in the walls. It felt like there was a male spirit present at times, not a good one but maybe wanting to scare us? My daughter, for...

View more questions Search