Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dusteelady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 03:44 PM
    Lawn Mower Repair
    I have a Craftsman LT 3000 42" cut about 1 year old. I think the fuel filter is stopped up and I need to know where it is and how to remove and check to see if that is the problem.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 4, 2007, 05:39 PM
    The part number for the filter is usually under the hood along with other part numbers. The filter is located prior to the carb and after the round black fuel pump. Frequently a clear bulb the size of a plum with black hoses at each end.
    BriggsAndStratton Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Jun 4, 2007, 06:54 PM
    Easier instructions?

Find gas tank
    Find carberator

Locate the gas line connecting from carb to gas tank. Fuel filter should be there somewhere along the line.

If nothing is there it probably means no filter
    zargydog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dusteelady
    I have a Craftsman LT 3000 42" cut about 1 year old. I think the fuel filter is stopped up and I need to know where it is and how to remove and check to see if that is the problem.
    What leads you to think the filter is plugged? If you do not find a filter then chances are the fuel pump is not working correctly. If you do find the filter and need to check it, disconnect the fuel line leading to the carb. Have a plastic container ready to catch the fuel. If fuel flows freely through the filter then your filter is not plugged. Be very careful when disconnecting any fuel line so not to splash yourself in the eyes and make sure there is no open flame or anything that could cause the fumes to ignite.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Jun 6, 2007, 08:47 PM
    I would agree with zargy, there are many other things that can cause the same symptoms. Fuel pumps very very rarely fail and they are replaced often. Fuel cut solenoid on the bottom of the carb will cause the majority of fuel delivery issues if all else is normal such as amount and quality of fuel.

I know it is not what was asked but it is hard to determine where you are going with question and can only guess you are having running issues.

Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diagram for replacing lawn mower belt on Sears Craftsman 4000 Riding Mower [ 9 Answers ]

I need a diagram on how to replace a belt on the Sears Craftsman II 4000 riding mower

JD Lawn Mower-Mower Disengages While in Use [ 1 Answers ]

Old JD ride-on, I just bought it. Engine runs great, idles a bit fast. Mower cuts for a while (up to 5 minutes today), then blades stop turning (engine keeps running fine). The PTO switch doesn't move (stays in ON position). I can turn PTO switch off then on again, and mower will engage again...

Snapper Mower Repair [ 1 Answers ]

My rear riding snapper mower pull is not working. The string comes all the way out and does not retract. I have taken the top off and using the same spring tried to put back together properly. It seems as though there is no tension to pull the string back in. Please help me to get the tension back!

Lawn mower repair [ 3 Answers ]

How do I line timing up on briggs and stratton 12.5

View more questions Search