Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucas Ammons Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Jun 4, 2007, 01:08 PM
    World Peace?
    Will there ever be world peace? I think not, unless we're invaded by aliens then we would unite since we now have a common enemy.
    Paschals Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jun 4, 2007, 01:14 PM
    The world can live in peace and harmony if the leaders of the world can drop their political braveness and come together to say to each other "PLEASE FORGET ABOUT THE PAST AND LET'S BUILD THE WORLD WHERE PEACE AND HARMONY CAN REIGN". This can only be achieved by the help of God.
    Lucas Ammons Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Jun 4, 2007, 03:12 PM
    You are wise.
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Jun 4, 2007, 03:18 PM
    No. Never. Not in this lifetime anyway. Too much hate, violence and rasism. So long as people are to afraid to make changes in government and changes in themselves we'll never be any better.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 4, 2007, 03:31 PM
    I don't think so myself. But thoes are my views.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jun 4, 2007, 03:48 PM
    As long as there is a limited number of something there will not be peace because someone will always be willing to resort to violence to make sure they get their fair share and because no one is equal you can't divide something so that everyone feels that it is fair. It is in our nature.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Jun 4, 2007, 07:05 PM
    There has never been peace on Earth, and frankly, human nature is such that there never will be.

Human do not truly consider each other "equals". When we are not fighting because of our outright survival instinct, we're fighting over any resource, power, or control we have conditioned ourselved to be entitled to over the "lesser" people.

I'll guarantee that even after we defeat the alien invasion, no matter how many of us are left, within a few years those that remain will go right back to fighting each other.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Jun 11, 2007, 01:51 AM
    Unless every sinner repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus there will never be peace on this earth. Since everyone is not Abraham's seed or predestinated there won't be peace. We are on a battle ground spiritually speaking
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2007, 02:38 AM
    In my opinion, there would be world peace if all the inhabitants of this earth were to agree that all the members of many different nations and countries believe many different things concerning personal values, religion, family and traditions and would agree to be respectful of each other about the different things that all believe so that we could agree to disagree about those same things without trying to persuade or judge others based upon the beliefs and convictions that we as individuals hold in our beliefs to be true to us and conceding that there may be some truth to the beliefs that others hold as well, based upon the well-founded doctrines of what others may believe to be the truth.

The foregoing is not my personal belief as far as the way to personal salvation and there being peace on earth by stating that the only way to world peace should be based upon the way to one's personal salvation and witnessing to others, for that was not posed as part of the original question. But, it is only an answer as to the original poster's question as to "Will there ever be world peace?" Also, it is not in response to the poster's apparent personal viewpoint to the question that he or she originally posed, "I think not, unless we're invaded by aliens then we would unite since we now have a common enemy."
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jun 11, 2007, 02:52 AM
    Nope, it'll never happen, and I know this may seem like a strange source to site, but there is a Simpsons episode where Lisa wishes for, and is granted World peace.

Then aliens invade, because the human race is weakened.

Then the humans get sticks with nails in them, to fight the aliens!

The aliens are beaten, and flee but the leader, Kang says;

"That board with the nail in it may have defeated us, but the humans won't stop there. They'll make bigger boards and bigger nails. Soon they will make a board with a nail so big it will destroy them all!"

I think this sentiment rings very true.

Humans are a greedy race, myself included. If my gang is bigger than your gang, why shouldn't we take your stuff if we need it?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2007, 03:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marily
    Unless every sinner repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus there will never be peace on this earth. Since everyone is not Abraham's seed or predestinated there won't be peace. We are on a battle ground spiritually speaking
    Should everyone who is not Abraham's seed be eliminated? Then we would have peace?

Jun 11, 2007, 03:34 AM
    *Spider senses tingling*

I feel another big argument coming here!

DUCK AND COVER!

Lol!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 11, 2007, 03:49 AM
    Religion has STARTED more conflicts then it has ended, so that's not an answer.

Now one way to achieve peace on earth would be global communism in it's purest form.

Now before you all try and shoot me down think about what I have said.
    communism - Definitions from Dictionary.com

A true world governed BY the people FOR the people.
    Everyone is equal, nobody owns anything..
    All working for the common good.
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2007, 04:24 AM
    Hunter,
    The arrogance of some of the religious types astounds me. Their basic thinking seems to be that "the reason there is conflict in the world is because people aren't all like me." That is to laugh. I like to challenge that. :)

Jun 11, 2007, 04:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Hunter,
    The arrogance of some of the religious types astounds me. Their basic thinking seems to be that "the reason there is conflict in the world is because people aren't all like me." That is to laugh. I like to challenge that. :)
    You'll like this other Simpsons quote I stumbled across, searching for that last one;

Quote Originally Posted by The Simpsons
    "God has no place within these (school) walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion." - School Supervisor
    There's loads more here, as there is all over the internet!

Ahh, what a way to spend the day at work... spreading a little humour! :D
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2007, 04:47 AM
    See, now that is a step towards world peace. :D
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Jun 11, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Need Karma why are you making fun out of God? 'a little humor'? Do you know with whom you are dealing with? Obviously not, I really feel sorry for you. If it will satisfy you for your own sake, rather make fun of me but leave God out of this
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 11, 2007, 05:26 AM
    Marily, please remember that AMHD covers a wide and diverse collection of people and what you believe isn't the same as others.
    Preaching your own beliefs towards others isn't welcome.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jun 11, 2007, 08:25 PM
    Marily

You bad child! How dare you "preach" and express your views on God.
    Don't you know that everything is acceptable BUT a need for and a respect for God.
    [proverbs 1:7]

Oh, I believe Stalin and Mao were communists; and how many millions of people died?

Grace and Peace

Jun 12, 2007, 12:56 AM
    Stalin and Mao weren't PROPER Communists though!

I think CB was referring to the ideology of a true Communist world. I don't know if it would solve all the problems, but it would come close!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find inner peace? [ 13 Answers ]

Since I was a little girl, my family has been difficult. My father, an emotionaly and physically abusive alchohalic, has made me scared to come home at night since I was a little girl . My mother, clingy controlling and erratic, and still will not let me move out (I am 19). And now at the ripe...

Justice of the peace [ 2 Answers ]

I've been with my fiancé for 3 1/2 years I love him dearly and we are going to get married very soon but neither of our families are able to help us with the wedding, I grew up living with my grandparents and they recently retired, fixed incomes don't really allow money for weddings, his mom is...

Study of world Religions and aid in the efforts of global social justice and peace [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am writing an essay on global social justice and peace and the role of studying world religions. I am having difficulty in starting my essay. I would appreciate if I can get some help. Thank You Jay

I am not at peace. [ 4 Answers ]

I used to be rockstar till the age 24... popular and loved and in command of my own life.. Then I discovered l.s.d, and abused it for months... I have quit all drugs and substances, I am 29 now... but I suffer from extreme mood swings, and depressive states. Sometimes I feel I have become...

Peace in the Church [ 11 Answers ]

Why do so many Christians ignore the peace teachings of Christ? Isn't it obvious that he did not come to establish a worldly kingdom? Yet, this administration and many of the Christians seek to bring about the kingdom through worldly mechanisms rather than through Christian living. Just...

View more questions Search