Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Jun 4, 2007, 12:40 PM
    Any financial advisors?
    I wanted to know how to start over financially & get things back in order. I am 26, sngle,and live in a $1300/mon apartment. I'm locked into the lease for the next year, I just lost my job in sales, am still in grad school, owe 1200 dollars in a loan for cosmetic surgery & other debt adding up to about 2-3,000 dollars , and am now only receiving $600 every two weeks. Sales is not my field and the turnover rate is high if quotas aren't hit every few weeks. I have limited experience in my chosen field, and in the social services field you need experience plus education in order to get a good paying job. I don't want to move back home, but I need to get my finances in order without revealing my issues to my friends ( I'm pretty embarrassed!). Any suggestions..
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

Jun 4, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Step one you need a job. Fast. Or two or three... next, pay your main bills first... food, rent, clothing, shelter, utilities, transportation... any other bills may have to wait.

Get on a written budget... get rid of things you don't need like cable TV, cell phone, etc.. You cant' afford those right now. Dave ramseys plan works pretty good... check out the links in my sig.

Don't be too embarrassed... the money problems you are having and mistakes are common.. we've all done it.
    lwelch Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

Aug 28, 2008, 07:10 AM
    You are definitely in a bind!

Can you take out an ad on craiglsist for a roommate to help you with overhead?

What are the minimum payments on your debts?

What are the other payments you have to make each month
    1. Car insurance
    2. Car Payment
    3. Cell phone
    4. Debts
    6. Groceries
    7. Utilities
    8. Parking
    9. anything else you cannot live with out?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financial Analyst [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I MBA Finance and willing to get job offers as Financial Analyst so I need some real time training of Financial Analyst. Warm Regards Syed Ali

Investment Advisors [ 1 Answers ]

Who are the top five inestment advisors?

Investment advisors [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find a ranking of the nations top rated financial advisors?

Having Two Financial Advisors.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone. Does it matter if you have two financial advisors, one for my long term and one for my short, or just two to have a different view? Is such a thing feasible? Any help appreciated!

Financial [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend has terrible credit and he was charged w/a felony and he wants to go to school... but he doesn't have the money. How can he ever get a grant or a loan for this? He is 21 he is a good wrestler and he wants to go to shippensburgh university in PA. He could prob. Get in because of the...

View more questions Search