Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Slew Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Casual Dinner party
    Hello all

My son is dating a nice young lady, they are both 16. Her parents have invited us over for home made pizza, my question is , should I take something over as part of the dinner or not,

Thanks
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Did you ask if you could bring something to contribute to the dinner? If nothing was mentioned, usually you just bring a gift as a token of your appreciation when you are invited for a meal in someone's home. A bottle of wine or flowers is the usual gift. You might want to bring a couple of bottles of sparkling (non-alcoholic) cider. This way the kids can feel like grown ups and you aren't putting the parents on the spot if they don't drink. Any gift is always appreciated.

That was very nice for them to invite you. I hope you all have a wonderful evening together.
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Aug 8, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Bring a pie, that's always safe, and it is rude not to bring something. I never go empty handed.
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 9, 2007, 07:15 PM
    I know this may sound a little silly but make sure they aren't allergic to anything you might bring. I made that mistake once with flowers and felt embarrassed the whole night even though they knew I meant well.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2007, 07:55 AM
    That would be appropriate. A dessert specialty or something similar ; maybe a favorite appetizer.
    kimberlyntony Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Aug 16, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Slew
    hello all

My son is dating a nice young lady, they are both 16. Her parents have invited us over for home made pizza, my question is , should i take something over as part of the dinner or not, ?

thanks
    Always take something, no matter who's home you are invited to...
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 01:23 PM
    When people invite me to dinner, I bring my home made asian food anyway!
    Anyway!
    I have never met someone thrown it to me or tell me to go because of that,LOL.:D

It never hurts to bring your own little gift or something you make just to show your appreciatetion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floresent dinner [ 2 Answers ]

I have three futures in my kitchen . They have 2, 30 watt bulbs in them my wife says They are to bright, and wants a dimmer on them . Question. Can I but a dimmer switch on them ,and where can I get one? They are fluorescent bulbs

Dinner invitation? [ 2 Answers ]

I received a dinner invitation on my answering machine from a friend I generally see every few months. It was to be at her home in 21/2 weeks. As I was away when the message was left, I returned her call about 4 days later once I was home. I reached her answering machine, expressed my apologies...

Dinner time? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best time to eat dinner?

Kenmore Elite He4 Dryer stuck on Casual setting [ 5 Answers ]

My Kenmore Elite He4 Dryer is stuck on the "Casual" setting and won't let me change it! How do I reset it so that I can choose my own setting? I've tried holding down the Pause/Cancel button, but nothing happens. HELP! Thanks!

Sunday dinner [ 20 Answers ]

I'm just prerping our Sunday lunch and I started to wonder what everyone else does. Who in your household is in charge of the main Sunday meal and what do you have ? In my house I tend to be in charge of the whole shooting match. Sundays for us normally means some sort of roast, today its...

View more questions Search