Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    genie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2005, 02:27 PM
    10 Year Old Daughter Bad Stomach Aches
    Hi my 10 year old daughter was taken to A@E with really bad adominal pain 5 weeks ago she describes the pain as sharp stabbing pains as if someone is stabbibg her she screams and can't stand walk or anything to get rid of it they discovred she had blood in her urine and put her on a corse of antibiotics
    a week later she had the same pain again only worse than the first time she was kept in hospital with suspected appendicitis but the scans x-rays bloods urine showed nothing she's now having these pains every 3 days the pain is always there but bearable until every few days the agonising ones kick in it goes from right hand side to left hand side and across her back and every time she is taken in hospital they find nothing and advice?
    serialwife Posts: 117, Reputation: 16

May 23, 2005, 05:04 PM
    Gallbladder
    Hey not sure if they have done a liverscan but request one. I had the same type thing and I had to have my gallbladder removed. Keep a journal of what she eats and see if it acts up when she eats greasy foods, hot dogs, and other highly processes food. It is sure sign of gallbladder issues.
    Loriz Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2005, 05:28 PM
    Gastritis
    Hi Serialmom,

Two things; Several years ago I suffered a gastritis attack which feels pretty much how you describe your daughters pain--but where it happens so frequently, I'm reminded of a friend of mine who suffered terrible abdominal attacks for many years until finally they ran X-Rays and found his stomach and upper intestines were turned around. Wasn't life threatening but enough to cause attacks. Just something for you to consider, especially with doc's these days.

Hope your daughter is well soon
    Loriz :D
    Dreamer Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

May 23, 2005, 11:37 PM
    CT scan would help...
    Hi genie,

I am so sorry to hear of what your daughter is going through. I know it's awful because I am going through this same thing right now as we speak. I recently went to a doctor about it because I could not take it any longer.

I am going to have to agree with serialwife, because my doctor suggested a CT scan. The gallbladder can be checked with a non-invasive sonogram. The CT scan if nothing is found in the gallbladder will check the stomach, intestines, liver, etc. as Loriz suggested.

Unfortunately these types of issues take time to diagnose. So many symptoms are the same with abdominal related pain that it's so hard to pinpoint exactly where it's coming from. I know this is hard for you to see your daughter going through, but hang in there. Eventually the right test will reveal the real problem.

I would however though recommend asking for or talking to your doctor about a Gallbladder sonogram and a CT scan for the other organs. My best wishes, and good luck!
    creativemoose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2011, 04:42 PM
    I had something similar and they actually found abdomin damage in 5th grade... like 6 years ago - I went through about 10 different medications like protonics, previcid, nexium, and someother and am not slowly coming off this

Good luck to you and your daughter

Don't assume she's overreacting-i was a little too good with pain, but now I can admit it hurt like hell... lol you're a good mother

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please help with my 21 year old daughter [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I have done what I would consider on a scale of 100 for parenting around 95%. Please someone help with your advise on what to do with my 21 year old daughter who left our home at 18 for college. She was raised with strong moral values - by the way I have two daughters 21 & 22...

8 year old daughter who masturbates [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I have a little girl that has such a problem with this that I am at my wits end. See she doesn't care where she is she does it anywhere. I guess it would not be so bad if she knew to do this in private only. So I don't no how to handle this situation anymore. The doctors have put her on...

My 8 year old daughter won't eat [ 18 Answers ]

Every dinner is a battle.. anyone have any advise on this..

Full-year for Federal, Part-year for State ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an alien and comply with the qualification for full-year tax resident for Federal, but not with my state's where I should be considered as a part-year tax resident. Is it a problem if my status are different for federal and state, or does my federal status "overwrite" my state status...

Stomach aches [ 1 Answers ]

My 10 year old son has been complaining of a stomach ache. It started in the upper right area and moved to lower right and now this morning when he got up, it seems more central. He has complained before this on several occasions but it just went away. It has been a constant pain which gets...

View more questions Search