Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Forgiven Posts: 35, Reputation: 7

Jun 4, 2007, 07:23 AM
    The New Jerusalem
    When will the New Jerusalem descend from heaven and we will be living with God. Will it be after the 1000 year reign of Christ or after the tribulation (before the 1000 year reign of Christ). In other words; will the 1000 year reign of Christ be in the New Jerusalem?
    Retrotia Posts: 163, Reputation: 19
    -

Jun 4, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgiven
    When will the New Jerusalem descend from heaven and we will be living with God. Will it be after the 1000 year reign of Christ or after the tribulation (before the 1000 year reign of Christ). In other words; will the 1000 year reign of Christ be in the New Jerusalem?
    The New Jerusalem will be after the 1000 yr. reign(an earthly reign) We,(not the martyrs spoken of in Rev.20) will be still in heaven as spirits till the New Jerusalem.
    We come in the picture when Christ puts all of His enemies under His feet- that means Satan.
    Then we receive our physical bodies again- when believers are judged(& rewarded accordingly) for their deeds done in Christ, for Christ.

Jun 4, 2007, 09:43 AM
    Thanks, that is just what I believe but, in discussing it with others, I found a difference of opinion. Some think it's during the 1000 year reign of Christ. Do you have scriptures on the subject? I've searched and haven't found the ones I need. You are a wonderful help.
    -

Jun 4, 2007, 01:56 PM
    I've been thinking about the millennium reign & I believe the 1st resurrection in Rev. 20, to be a metaphor.
    Please see this interpretation:
    The 1000 Year Reign of Christ ???

Jun 4, 2007, 02:28 PM
    That's interesting. I guess there is several different ways of looking at it. Thanks.
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

Jun 12, 2007, 07:31 PM
    [QUOTE=Retrotia]The New Jerusalem will be after the 1000 yr. reign(an earthly reign) We,(not the martyrs spoken of in Rev.20) will be still in heaven as spirits till the New Jerusalem.
    We come in the picture when Christ puts all of His enemies under His feet- that means Satan.
    Then we receive our physical bodies again- when believers are judged(& rewarded accordingly) for their deeds done in Christ, for Christ.[/QUO

No way. We get our new bodies the minute we are raptured (I'm guessing you don't believe in the "rapture") and the New Jerusalem is during the 1000 yr reign. Are you telling me we are going to rule and reign with Christ and not have a earthy body like HIS? I don't THINK so... we will be able to eat, drink and work for him. We will need our new bodies and I am looking forward to mine. (you can look for me, I will be the one in the pink bikini)
    -

Jun 12, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Rev.20 has gotten my interest lately & I think I've looked at everything else in Rev. except this chapter. I think I breezed through it & accepted it as something happening to another group.
    How can the 1,000 yr. reign be the New Jerusalem? It's not. It's a literal thousand yrs. (or a long time) isn't it. It's on earth.
    And so when we are raptured, we get our glorified bodies on our way to heaven... then in Rev.19, Christ comes on the white horse & we are the heavenly armies with him.
    So, basically we stay here for the 1,000 yrs. In Utopia on earth? I think so because we have to be in the 1st resurrection.
    Wow, then Jesus gives the Kingdom up to God & a New Jerusalem comes down from heaven.

Wow, I'll have to remember to pack lightly.
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

Jun 12, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrotia
    Rev.20 has gotten my interest lately & I think I've looked at everything else in Rev. except this chapter. I think I breezed through it & accepted it as something happening to another group.
    How can the 1,000 yr. reign be the New Jerusalem? It's not. It's a literal thousand yrs. (or a long time) isn't it.? It's on earth.
    And so when we are raptured, we get our glorified bodies on our way to heaven ....then in Rev.19, Christ comes on the white horse & we are the heavenly armies with him.
    So, basically we stay here for the 1,000 yrs. in Utopia on earth? I think so bc we have to be in the 1st resurrection.
    Wow, then Jesus gives the Kingdom up to God & a New Jerusalem comes down from heaven.

Wow, I'll have to remember to pack lightly.

Look I'm not an expert on this subject and it has been several years since I studied it. Yes we will rule and reign with Christ on Earth... but it is my understanding that the New Jerusalem will come down and you can actually see it from here. That might sound kind of weird and I really need to go study it again. But that is what I thought I read anyhow. But I don't know for sure so I don't want anyone getting on me about that.
    -

Jun 13, 2007, 07:15 AM
    That's O.K. Tessy 777,
    I am not going to say I understand Rev. at this point (Rev.20)
    Maybe if we keep this thread alive, there may be a convincing end to the story concerning the 1,000 yrs.
    I think Rev.20 has to be literal(1,000 yrs.) or else we throw away too much scripture.(Old & New Testament)
    Somehow, I thought the earth would be destroyed with the Tribulation. But maybe not or not all, or another explanation.
    OK. So I'll talk with you later!

Jun 13, 2007, 08:20 AM
    I think the Bible says that Christ will riegn "on the Earth" for a thousand years. That's why I thought the New Jeruselam would descend after the thousand years but there certainly are other opinions on the subject. I have found that most people believe that the thousand year reign of Christ will be in the New Jeruselam.
    -

Jun 13, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Wow,
    I wasn't brought up in the church, but I found many different beliefs regarding Rev.20.

I'm spinning my wheels. This is what works for me regarding Rev20.

A more balanced perspective is given by Peter, who writes, "But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow about his promise as some count slowness, but is forbearing toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. . . . Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire! But according to his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. Therefore, beloved, since you wait for these, be zealous to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace" (2 Pet. 3:8–14).
    -

Jun 14, 2007, 02:12 PM
    I'm back again to try to answer your question. It brought resolution for me to discover this website, because I think it reconciles the 1,000 yr. period with what I already believe.
    I hope you like it as much as I did/do.
    Seek & you shall find. Praise God!
    - Revelation 19-20
    poppa0777 Posts: 104, Reputation: 11

Jun 14, 2007, 02:23 PM
    That depends upon what your persuasion is on the timing of events, meaning that many people believe that the millennial reign of Christ here on earth will be after the marriage supper of the Lamb in heaven.

Jun 14, 2007, 04:54 PM
    That depends upon what your persuasion is on the timing of events, meaning that many people believe that the millennial reign of Christ here on earth will be after the marriage supper of the Lamb in heaven.
    Oh, There's disagreement on that too? Wow, I guess you could just about believe anything and be in some group. :) Oh well, we'll find out in eternity, I guess.
    -

Jun 14, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Looking at the text, that sounds right. We are at the wedding supper of the Lamb in the beginning of Rev.19(the 1st half) Then the Rider on the white horse in Rev. 19:11-21 is Christ coming to kill the anti-christ (Armegeddon) So, it falls into place.
    -

Jun 17, 2007, 10:49 AM
    I have to be honest with you that I haven't even considered the 1,000 yrs until I read Revelation seriously a few months ago.
    I noticed no one on this site offered any supportive opinion on the millennium (except ie:relacement theology) I will continue to search for revelation myself with regards to the Earthly kingdom & Heavenly Kingdom that comes down from God.
    Being convinced of the "Rapture" was a piece of cake compared to this prophecy. Since the Rapture is hidden but in plain sight in Scripture- the Holy Spirit has given me discernment through wonderful teachers of the Word(not online in particular). There is no way that God would pour His wrath on temples containing His Holy Spirit.
    OK, now for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb's timing that was mentioned. I found an interesting article that describes the difference,( not just that there is a difference)
    Now all I have to do for my studies of Revelation to be completed for me, is to figure out what the purpose is for the "church" or pre-tribulation believers to be in the Millennium Kingdom.
    Pre-Trib Research Center
    ActionJackson Posts: 301, Reputation: 28

Jun 17, 2007, 11:42 AM
    The chain of events that lead up to Christ's return are described in the book of Revelation by the 7 trumps:

Revelation 7:3, "Saying, 'Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.'"
    Revelation 8:2 "And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets."
    Revelation 8:7, "The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of the trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up."
    Revelation 8:8-9, "And the second angel sounded and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed."
    Revelation 8:10-11, "And the third angel sounded and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter."
    Revelation 8:12, "And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise. And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, 'Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabitors of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound.'"
    Revelation 9:1,3,4, "And the fifth angel sounded and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. :3, And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth; and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. :4, And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads."
    Revelation 9:13-15 "And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden alter which is before God, Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, 'Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.' And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men."
    Revelation 11:15, "And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, 'The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever.'"

The "Seventh Trump" of God correlates to I Corinthians 15:52:
    "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump; for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

I Thessalonians 4:16:
    "For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first."

Matthew 24:31:
    "And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."
    poppa0777 Posts: 104, Reputation: 11

Jun 17, 2007, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrotia
    I have to be honest with you that I haven't even considered the 1,000 yrs until I read Revelation seriously a few months ago.
    I noticed no one on this site offered any supportive opinion on the millenium (except ie:relacement theology) I will continue to search for revelation myself with regards to the Earthly kingdom & Heavenly Kingdom that comes down from God.
    Being convinced of the "Rapture" was a piece of cake compared to this prophecy. Since the Rapture is hidden but in plain sight in Scripture- the Holy Spirit has given me discernment through wonderful teachers of the Word(not online in particular). There is no way that God would pour His wrath on temples containing His Holy Spirit.
    OK, now for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb's timing that was mentioned. I found an interesting article that describes the difference,( not just that there is a difference)
    Now all I have to do for my studies of Revelation to be completed for me, is to figure out what the purpose is for the "church" or pre-tribulation believers to be in the Millenium Kingdom.
    Pre-Trib Research Center
    One of the reasons that Orthodox Jews don't believe Jesus Christ is Messiah is that prophecy indicated that Messiah will set up an earthly kingdom. Hence, the Millenial reign. Blessed be the Name of the Lord!
    -

Jun 17, 2007, 01:48 PM
    AJ-
    You are welcome to go through the Trib. & get the mark of the beast. But I have better news.
    2Thess.2:7- For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work: but the one who holds back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. (Holy Spirit) . The lawless one=Antichrist.
    We are in Heaven in Rev. 4-5. The trumpets Paul is referring to is the Feast of Trumpets.
    See article below. We weren't appointed to wrath!
    Rapture Info: Bible quotes
    -

Jun 17, 2007, 02:37 PM
    poppa0777,

Yes that's true. In fact Rev.20 describes those people that make it through(and ultimately have converted)
    I was chiding the post made by AJ.
    However, I admit, looking at the text the Trib. Has begun & 1/3 of mankind is killed by the 7th trumpet (Which I consider going through the Trib.) However, the Beast doesn't show up until Rev.13(the beast out of the earth) Beast out of the sea symbolizes the false prophet.
    So, either way, we won't be around for the Anti-christ(beast out of the earth)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search